hahah that is awesome :D

I think it was muscle museum and he said he couldn't remember it </3

It really was awesome, especially as some cocky know it alls behind us were mocking our sign and saying 'they don't do requests'. Just getting confirmation from Matt that they were gonna play it was :awesome:

It really was awesome, especially as some cocky know it alls behind us were mocking our sign and saying 'they don't do requests'. Just getting confirmation from Matt that they were gonna play it was :awesome:

:D I just loved the first note and it took me about 10 seconds to register that I was going to hear dead star live before me and my sister burst into absolute hysterics!

:D I just loved the first note and it took me about 10 seconds to register that I was going to hear dead star live before me and my sister burst into absolute hysterics!

Ahhh. I'll always remember when Matt said at Shepherds Bush: 'okay we'll give dead star a go'

That wasn't my experience I'm afraid, I was on Level 2. We tried to stand up but the stewards kept telling us to sit down, so we spent the whole of the gig sitting down :( It was my daughter's first Muse gig and she is too young to go into the standing area so we had to get seats, but at every other gig by any band I've ever been to we always stand up even in the seated area. I'm in my 40s but I like to enjoy myself at a gig and we seemed to be surrounded by middle aged people who didn't know the songs and there wasn't much atmosphere. I did enjoy it, but not as much as the other gigs I've been to. Someone suggested to me that maybe the stewards were more used to working at football matches, where you have to sit down. Somebody should have told them you don't do that at concerts :rolleyes:

I was on Level 2 with my sister and niece and had a similar experience. At both Wembley gigs, my sister and I stood for the entire show - even though we were in the tiered seating.

At the Etihad, I noticed several people being told to sit down by stewards, but they seemed to be told that it was because people behind wouldn't be able to see!! I know there are exceptions, but any time I've been at a stadium gig and someone stands up in front, blocking your view, you stand up!!!!

My problem, however, was not the stewards! The gig was reaching its height, with probably about three or four songs left. We knew our niece was dying to get up and dance to the music, so we gave her the nod. No sooner had she got up, she sat back down again. It transpired that the girl behind her has tapped her and told her to sit down as her daughter (who looked about 7 years old and was wearing ear muffs/defenders) couldn't see. So, my niece and sister swapped seats (where there was no one behind) and she got up again - only to be tapped again - for the same reason!! When I looked back, the person was sitting with her camera poised, so I'd reckon my niece was probably getting in the way of her photo/video taking - which is not a valid excuse. However, I told my niece that she could dance her life away beside me - as she did for the rest of the show!!

Seriously though, if your gonna bring your child to a show like that, and put ear muffs on them - think again!! It's a MUSE gig, not the Tweenies!!

Have to say though, itwas great - can't decide which stadium gig was better - it or either of the Wembley concerts. Ah, well it was Muse - and that's all that matters!!

Great gig, well chuffed to get Dead Star and Bliss! I was on matt's side somewhere between the front barrier and the b-stage, and the crowd were pretty lively. Stockholm was mental! Sound too quiet at times though and 1st encore dragged, and there's no excuse for finishing with Starlight when you have the likes of Knights and Stockholm. On the whole very good though, an improvement on November, although LCCC was better.

I didn't actually see that as I was near the main barrier. Only noticed the smoke when I looked behind me afterwards.

I didn't know we were that close to the stage until that went off. To be fair, I didn't notice there was a stage there until afterwards.

can see me 03:20 onward in the animals video, gormless and looking up to the sky trying to grab money.

Every video I've seen of USoE starts a few chords in, I want to hear myself shout sunburn at Matt before he started playing :(

can see me 03:20 onward in the animals video, gormless and looking up to the sky trying to grab money.

Every video I've seen of USoE starts a few chords in, I want to hear myself shout sunburn at Matt before he started playing :(

heres mine, starts before it

I must have missed you off by a few seconds myself

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151624973302290&l=8455792940893750742

I can hear people shouting stuff on it, possibly sunburn, but it is after he has started playing.

Were you with the family, with the small boy? We were right in this exact spot too!

That was me! :LOL: My brother got Chris' plectrum from the really nice security guard? :)

It was myself, my mother, my brother and my girlfriend - Fucking amazing gig!

alfbranch, and also mrskopite----your pics are AMAZING! Some people's pics from various gigs on these boards have blown my mind....and these are just awesome as well!!

alfbranch---what kind of camera is that?? Do you do this for a livng...?? Wow---impressive!

vibrantx----GREAT Eursaia vid---sound quality is ace, too! you must have a great video camera!!!!

Thanks so much to everybody for sharing!! (Even though some vids get blocked in the US...GRRRRRR!!!! :(:mad: ).

Archived