Came down from Newcastle for this, first time I've had the chance to see them. Been a fan since 2004 but money issues and now work/education just kept getting in the way.

Amazing gig, totally blown away. The Bomb at the start almost melted my face.

Was about 20 yards level with the B stage on Matt's side. Had a light red hoodie on. I should apologise to the guy in front for my ear piercing falsetto attempts, and no doubt the headbanging during Stockholm (I lost it to be fair) must have irritated a few (long hair ect) haha.

Great bunch in that area, everyone was up for it, nice mini pit during Cydonia too. Everyone on the higher tiers seemed to be going for it too which was nice to see

Well worth the wait :)

Damn it, that bottle rebounded off my right hand because I only had one hand free :LOL:. Brilliant gig last night, Bliss was out of this world and Dead Star was :facemelt:.

And that explosion during the intro at the end of the walkway? I think I lost my eyebrows from that...

65tmro.jpg

You must've been right beside me

It was yet another great gig.

I was in the stands for various reasons.

Here are some pics

8929631426_7886b41eb7_b.jpg

Muse @ Manchester 1-0-6-13 1 by alf.branch, on Flickr

8928997149_48f3e3a737_b.jpg

Muse @ Manchester 1-0-6-13 2 big flames and smoke rings by alf.branch, on Flickr

8929587032_dcf771033a_b.jpg

Muse @ Manchester 1-0-6-13 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

8929574334_99afe62c70_b.jpg

Muse @ Manchester 1-0-6-13 4 Flying light bulb by alf.branch, on Flickr

8928954143_26db3b2ddf_b.jpg

Muse @ Manchester 1-0-6-13 5 Flying light bulb by alf.branch, on Flickr

Hi, my very first Muse gig and absolutely blown away by them.

I've seen a few gigs over the years, my very first being Queen back in 1984 and their last 'Magic Tour' in 1986, including their very last gig at Knebworth. The biggest compliment I can give Muse is that if Queen were at their 'prime' now I'm sure they'd be doing something as spectacular as this. Absolutely brilliant and totally off the scale, very impressed.

Anyway, I have an obscure question that I'm sure someone must know the answer to. Immediately before Muse came on stage there was a piece of electronic music that went on for absolutely ages, very industrial / Kraftwerk sounding...but I have never heard it before, and now I want it :D

Can anyone help please?

Anyway, I have an obscure question that I'm sure someone must know the answer to. Immediately before Muse came on stage there was a piece of electronic music that went on for absolutely ages, very industrial / Kraftwerk sounding...but I have never heard it before, and now I want it :D

Can anyone help please?

Planisphere by Justice.

I loved the many Matts, Dom's and Chris' on the screen behind them while they were singing Uprising i think it was. Is it me or does Matt look a little camp at times? Not that that's a bad thing :D i loved all the different poses he was trying to do on the screen behind him bless him

Also, did anyone go in one of the rough City pubs near the ground "Corner Pub" i think it was called, was a little scary lol

Matt's one of these people who doesn't look like a rock star but we let him off as he writes brilliant music and enjoys himself on stage, plus Chris has enough badass to fill in for him bouncing and frolicking about :chuckl:

Posted from Muse.mu App for Android

Yeah i was saying to my boyfriend last night i love the way he seems to really enjoy himself and throws himself about but he doesn't like look like the stereotypical rock star, maybe it's because he's little :D

Everyone on the higher tiers seemed to be going for it too which was nice to see

Well worth the wait :)

That wasn't my experience I'm afraid, I was on Level 2. We tried to stand up but the stewards kept telling us to sit down, so we spent the whole of the gig sitting down :( It was my daughter's first Muse gig and she is too young to go into the standing area so we had to get seats, but at every other gig by any band I've ever been to we always stand up even in the seated area. I'm in my 40s but I like to enjoy myself at a gig and we seemed to be surrounded by middle aged people who didn't know the songs and there wasn't much atmosphere. I did enjoy it, but not as much as the other gigs I've been to. Someone suggested to me that maybe the stewards were more used to working at football matches, where you have to sit down. Somebody should have told them you don't do that at concerts :rolleyes:

That wasn't my experience I'm afraid, I was on Level 2. We tried to stand up but the stewards kept telling us to sit down, so we spent the whole of the gig sitting down :( It was my daughter's first Muse gig and she is too young to go into the standing area so we had to get seats, but at every other gig by any band I've ever been to we always stand up even in the seated area. I'm in my 40s but I like to enjoy myself at a gig and we seemed to be surrounded by middle aged people who didn't know the songs and there wasn't much atmosphere. I did enjoy it, but not as much as the other gigs I've been to. Someone suggested to me that maybe the stewards were more used to working at football matches, where you have to sit down. Somebody should have told them you don't do that at concerts :rolleyes:

I'm really sorry to hear that mate, the same happened to us the second night at Wembley in 2007. The amount of families who seemed to have confused the gig for a day out at the cricket was staggering and the stewards acted accordingly. How are you meant to sit down during Bliss? C'mon!

Everyone's entitled to enjoy themselves at a gig, whether that's dancing, singing or whatever, and a tiny bit of common sense from the stewards would go a long way in these situations. Hope your daughter is converted to the cause now, next time will be better :)

Uprising from Saturday night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhnB_cnEXI&feature=youtu.be

Dead Star and... I can't remember what else I have will go up during the day.

*EDIT* Dead Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZbCzJxtDE&feature=youtu.be

@tyke69

That's total BS mate. One of the stewards had a go at people singing in the que whilst waiting get in. Didn't realise I was in North Korea.

Hope they didn't totally ruin the gig for you.

Finally back from my Muse stalk from Manchester to London!

Time now to go and weed out the blurry overly excited pictures that can't really be used, haha!

Here's a couple from the album anyway:

Love the creepy businessman! :LOL:

wp000292z.jpg

wp000332z.jpg

I think my next phone choice will be based purely on camera and nothing else ;)

^ they look ok ! what was you using ?

Got a Nokia Lumia 800 - has an 8 MP camera with 'Carl Zeiss Optics' whatever the hell that means :p

Will upload the rest to an album later once I've fixed some of them!

I was actually really disappointed with the show on Saturday at the Etihad. I've seen Muse several times before and I just found Saturday a bit "Muse by numbers", repeating themselves a fair bit, using the same ideas from other shows and tours e.g. the same visuals for some songs, and the balloon & acrobat which they also used on the HAARP shows.

As for the set list I felt it was a bit lacking too - yes it was the "2nd Law" tour but there was too much from that album (possibly their second worst album for me) - and there were some odd choices, like ending with "Starlight" which is a mid-set song at best. As we were leaving lots of people seemed to be a little confused, with "is that it?" looks on their faces. The big chunk of slower songs towards the end also killed the momentum a little, as it did at HAARP.

We were on the pitch towards the back and around us the sound was poor - could hardly hear the vocals, and the levels kept wavering too. Around us nobody was singing, dancing, jumping around, they just seemed to have come to chat, get drunk, fall over (literally), mess with their phones... Nobody seemed to recognise "Bliss" or "Stockholm" (my two favourites of the night) or "Dead Star" (not a song I've ever liked to be honest.) Looking at the chaos near the front on the screens it was clearly a different gig down there.

All in all I wouldn't say it was a bad gig, but if I was rating it out of 5 I'd give it a 3. Not a patch on HAARP at Wembley, or "The Resistance" at Sheffield. Sorry.

That is ridiculous. Id have argued with them and just stood up anyway. Especially during Uprising 'THEY WILL NOT FORCE US!' :LOL: How old is your daughter and what age limit was on the standing area? There were a lot of kids near us who cant have been any older than 12 or 13. They were massive idiots though.

I was actually really disappointed with the show on Saturday at the Etihad. I've seen Muse several times before and I just found Saturday a bit "Muse by numbers", repeating themselves a fair bit, using the same ideas from other shows and tours e.g. the same visuals for some songs, and the balloon & acrobat which they also used on the HAARP shows.

As for the set list I felt it was a bit lacking too - yes it was the "2nd Law" tour but there was too much from that album (possibly their second worst album for me) - and there were some odd choices, like ending with "Starlight" which is a mid-set song at best. As we were leaving lots of people seemed to be a little confused, with "is that it?" looks on their faces. The big chunk of slower songs towards the end also killed the momentum a little, as it did at HAARP.

We were on the pitch towards the back and around us the sound was poor - could hardly hear the vocals, and the levels kept wavering too. Around us nobody was singing, dancing, jumping around, they just seemed to have come to chat, get drunk, fall over (literally), mess with their phones... Nobody seemed to recognise "Bliss" or "Stockholm" (my two favourites of the night) or "Dead Star" (not a song I've ever liked to be honest.) Looking at the chaos near the front on the screens it was clearly a different gig down there.

All in all I wouldn't say it was a bad gig, but if I was rating it out of 5 I'd give it a 3. Not a patch on HAARP at Wembley, or "The Resistance" at Sheffield. Sorry.

Definately agree with all of this. Been looking forward to it for so long and afterwards me and my friend just felt really let down. Same around us, I thought people would go mental to Dead Star but no one seemed to know it. The biggest reaction to a song was probably Supermassive which I'm assuming is because there were a lot of casuals who only knew that one. The idiots around us were talking the whole way through Blackout, its so annoying, Ive paid 50 quid to hear Muse not to listen to your pathetic uninteresting conversation. Normally you cant hear yourself singing along, this time we could but I think thats because it in a stadium and theres nothing to keep the sound inside so it didnt seem loud enough. But yeah Im glad im not the only one who felt let down. I wont be going to another stadium gig and might not bother seeing them again if they dont sort out the setlists.

Archived