L.

Other events on in London aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to how packed the tubes are, the Champions league final is the opposite side of London. The fact that one of the escalators at Highbury & Islington is being refurbished meaning everyone wanting to get the tube has to WALK down a single set of stairs will. Don't go to Highbury & Islington station basically.

Other events on in London aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to how packed the tubes are, the Champions league final is the opposite side of London. The fact that one of the escalators at Highbury & Islington is being refurbished meaning everyone wanting to get the tube has to WALK down a single set of stairs will. Don't go to Highbury & Islington station basically.

Ah, well, I'm not just thinking of how the tube will be, but trains as well. Liverpool Street can get ridiculous when there's multiple events going on.

I was going to head to Highbury & Islington, so cheers for the heads up :LOL:

What actually is the best station to go to for this stadium? I'll be making 3 visits within a week (both Muse nights and Green Day the following Saturday) so I want to get this right

Google Maps tells me the nearest stations are Holloway Road and Arsenal, which look an equal distance in each direction

Apparently Holloway Rd won't be open for up to 90 minutes after the concert finishes, and massive queues are expected at Highbury & Islington (which is a longer walk down anyway) because of the non-working escalator

So would the best bet be Arsenal?

Depends on where you're going. I'm going to Highbury and Islington regardless because I'm catching the Overground (which is like 10 steps down from the station entrance) and the line goes almost all the way straight through to my house.

Unfortunately that line isn't running on Sunday so I'll have to figure out something else for the second night.

I need to get a tube to Waterloo any way I can.

Though I've just realised I'll have the tube-loving rawrsomesauce with me, so I have nothing to worry about :LOL: (Although saying that, he did have us walk all the way to Wembley Central after Wembley in 2010 which was a poor idea indeed.)

We're driving in from the M4. Parked at Wembley last time, but understand you can't park at the Emirates. So we're looking at training/tubing it, but does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts (convenient for the M4) that is easy to train/tube it to Emirates from?

Thanks in advance!! :)

I need to get a tube to Waterloo any way I can.

Though I've just realised I'll have the tube-loving rawrsomesauce with me, so I have nothing to worry about :LOL: (Although saying that, he did have us walk all the way to Wembley Central after Wembley in 2010 which was a poor idea indeed.)

Either of these routes will have you back at Waterloo in under an hour from the end of the gig -

Walk to Finsbury Park and get on the Victoria Line southbound (towards Brixton). Change at Oxford Circus for the Bakerloo Line southbound - it's a simple walk across the platform between the lines. If going to FInsbury park, take the route towards Arsenal station and keep going past it (stay over towards the right to avoid being caught in the queue), go left down St Thomas's Road which takes you to Finsbury

Or, walk to Caledonian Road and get the Piccadilly Line, change at Leicester Square for the Northern Line. You can also get the Piccadilly Line at Finsbury but from there the Victoria Line is quicker and easier.

Or if you want to queue for ages, walk to Arsenal Station and get the Piccadilly Line from there. The queue at Arsenal for these shows will probably be worse than it is for the football given there will be a lack of regular visitors to the stadium.

We're driving in from the M4. Parked at Wembley last time, but understand you can't park at the Emirates. So we're looking at training/tubing it, but does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts (convenient for the M4) that is easy to train/tube it to Emirates from?

Parking is very limited at Arsenal, there are a few roads about 20-25 minutes away you can use but really not much (I never drive so I don't know which they are). Coming down the M4 you can park at Hammersmith Kings Mall car park - it's easy and safe, I use it all the time or stuff in London. Will cost you something like £15 for 12 hours or so. It's about 40 minutes on the tube from Hammersmith up to Arsenal.

Only just looked at my tickets for the first time since they got here over a month ago :LOL:

Clock End

Frakkles

Pip (M)

AguanteRiver

NJMuse

TrebleRose689

karinvisser

Lord MFC

West Stand

Moonlight__

FaceOfCydonia (Turnstile A)

Deve2k (Turnstile S)

North Bank

Dee3Dee

hipbones

Mounta1nGoat

Bellapod

East Stand

mrskopite

dan.

chortle2001

RetroShout (Wants to swap for Clock End- Turnstile M)

Hey guys,

where ca i sell tickets? I got three standing tickets for the show and just want the cost price. I will stay in London at the weekend and also go to the gig ob sunday. But we prefer the champions league final on saturday....

Edit: headline sell Not buy :-)

Hey guys,

where ca i sell tickets? I got three standing tickets for the show and just want the cost price. I will stay in London at the weekend and also go to the gig ob sunday. But we prefer the champions league final on saturday....

Edit: headline sell Not buy :-)

Use Musebay to try and sell tickets.

not sure it will work for Emirates but Hammersmith is where we usually park- there is a secure 24/7 car park behind the shopping centre- if you're coming in that way- turn right at the next available junction after the Green petrol station (BP??) (think it's River something road) then turn right again- follow the one way system then turn right- and the car park is about half a mile on the right- you can't really miss it

google maps is probably better than my crappy directions!

edit- my brother's directions are much better!

not sure it will work for Emirates but Hammersmith is where we usually park- there is a secure 24/7 car park behind the shopping centre- if you're coming in that way- turn right at the next available junction after the Green petrol station (BP??) (think it's River something road) then turn right again- follow the one way system then turn right- and the car park is about half a mile on the right- you can't really miss it

Thanks, and thank you to cdparky too - this sounds good. I've also seen http://www.eventcarparks.com/ and some other sites offering parking close to emirates at leisure centres, schools, etc for about £25 for the day and about 15 minute walk away. Anyone have experience of these? Remembering what the tube was like from Wembley in 2007, being able to remove the tube from the trip back to the car would be quite nice ;-)

thank you! and thanks to cdparky too!

I've also been looking at websites which offer the option to pre-book parking at a variety of schools and leisure centres, etc, within a 15 minute walk of Emirates for about £25. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Having experienced trying to get the tube after Wembley 2007, being able to cut the tube out of our journey would be nice! ;-)

Ok, it's begging time :LOL: My friend (Retroshout on here) has a East turnstile J ticket, and really really really would like to swap for a Clock End, M ticket. If anyone has one that they would be willing to swap, we would be eternally grateful! Part of why I'm making this trip is to meet some friends from the forum who I've known for years, but never met in person. Retroshout is one of them, and it would be pretty sucky for all of us if the day we finally meet, he's stuck my himself on the other end of the stadium :LOL:

Ah, well, I'm not just thinking of how the tube will be, but trains as well. Liverpool Street can get ridiculous when there's multiple events going on.

I was going to head to Highbury & Islington, so cheers for the heads up :LOL:

MCM Expo/Comic Con at ExCel, Aviva Premiership final at Twickers, there's the London 10k on the Sunday morning, yeah it's a busy one next weekend! I'll be at the rugby meself :D

I need to get to Victoria Coach Station for my coach which departs at half 12 at night after the gig, thinking i'll have to leave the gig early anyway but does anyone know a good suggestion for navigating the tube from the venue to getting there on time?

Thanks! :3

Hey everybody!

During both night at Emirates and some other gigs this year, I'll be doing a study about hardcore musers - Project Muser. Since I don't want to spam this thread too much, I'll just leave you guys with a link the the actual thread:

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=89707

Please check it out, it's going to be a really interesting project and I'd love you all to participate (and you can win Muse merch as well ;))!

Cheers!

thank you! and thanks to cdparky too!

I've also been looking at websites which offer the option to pre-book parking at a variety of schools and leisure centres, etc, within a 15 minute walk of Emirates for about £25. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Having experienced trying to get the tube after Wembley 2007, being able to cut the tube out of our journey would be nice! ;-)

One of my friends used to park at a school on match-day about a 20 minute walk (sadly knocked down now). There were a few places to use but do be aware the roads will be very busy before and after. Also note the roads immediately around the stadium will be no access assuming it's the same as match-day.

Coming down the M4 I'd go with parking up at Hammersmith and tubing it in. After the gig walk to either Caledonian Road or Finsbury Park (both about 15 minutes) and there will be no queues - most people don't realise there are 4 tube stations in easy reach of the Emirates (not counting Holloway Road which will be closed) and herd towards Arsenal Station. If using Caledonian Road go to either of the far ends of the platform and you'll be able to get on the first tube that arrives. You should be back at Hammersmith about an hour after the end of the gig.

Archived