L.

sigh. ?

i'm guessing its for the typo and not the fact?

Because if you have ever been to both stadiums you'd know. Wembley was designed with gigs in mind. Emirates was not. Far too many houses right outside as well.

Sigh.

I have to been both stadiums many times, and both for gigs as well. Neither of them are that good for sound, regardless of if Wembley was designed for it. The gigs aren't going to be worse than they would have been just because it's in a different stadium. Whatever they play at the Emirates, is what they would have played at Wembley.

I'm planning on coming to Coventry from The Netherlands, what's the best place to fly to and how to get there by public transport?

Hi chistiaan, the best place to fly to is Birmingham international as it's only a 10min train journey to Coventry. The venue is on the outskirts of town (north Coventry) if you want a hotel almost walking distance (less than 2 miles) then the 'beechwood' in keresley or a little further away (more a taxi ride) is the 'royal court' also in keresley. there isn't usually a direct bus from Coventry train station to the venue but sometimes they do put one on for football games so one may be available I guess we will know nearer the time. I live locally to the stadium so know all the ins and outs of the local area and more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

I have to been both stadiums many times, and both for gigs as well. Neither of them are that good for sound, regardless of if Wembley was designed for it. The gigs aren't going to be worse than they would have been just because it's in a different stadium. Whatever they play at the Emirates, is what they would have played at Wembley.

why are they not good for sound ?

but yeah your totally right, I'm gonna eBay my tickets and just listen to Cd's at home cause its all near enough the same thing.

I'm not saying they'll be worse but i've been to enough muse gigs now to know that some are special and some are.. well not. I agree in a sense that Manchester, London and Coventry will all be the same. If there was a wembley date id be going to that one because i know it wouldn't be the same. in fact.. id be going on the SECOND day because yet again, it wouldn't be the same.

well i hope so anyway, if Coventry is poo i'm converting to radiohead.

why are they not good for sound ?

but yeah your totally right, I'm gonna eBay my tickets and just listen to Cd's at home cause its all near enough the same thing.

I'm not saying they'll be worse but i've been to enough muse gigs now to know that some are special and some are.. well not. I agree in a sense that Manchester, London and Coventry will all be the same. If there was a wembley date id be going to that one because i know it wouldn't be the same. in fact.. id be going on the SECOND day because yet again, it wouldn't be the same.

well i hope so anyway, if Coventry is poo i'm converting to radiohead.

Newsflash: Wembley isn't special anymore.

• 1 month later...

For anyone looking for reasonably-priced accommodation for this gig, and who is travelling by car, quite a few of us have booked rooms here:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1961616-d1076736-Reviews-Days_Inn_Corley_NEC-Corley_Warwickshire_England.html

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/days-inn-corley-nec-m6.en.html

It's just under four miles from the venue. If you get a group of three, a triple room for two nights (21st and 22nd) will only cost £24 per person. Some of us will be clubbing together to pay for taxis to/from the gig (none of us want to drive in case we fancy a drink).

Okay :(

:D

Seriously though, have you booked somewhere to stay?

At the moment there will be, that I know of, Jim and I in a triple room (waiting to hear if either John or Ali are taking the third bed, Ali does also have a room booked but doesn't know if she's coming on her own or not), Irene and Sally in a triple room (think Catherine may be taking heir third bed) and Rooty Toot also has a room booked.

If Ali and Irene come by train, Jim and I will be driving in to Coventry early-evening on the 21st to pick them up from the station, if they can liaise with each other and catch trains which arrive around the same time. We could fit one more in the car if you wanted to do that, too. But you should get a room booked anyway, no deposit needed and you can cancel until just before.

:D

Seriously though, have you booked somewhere to stay?

At the moment there will be, that I know of, Jim and I in a triple room (waiting to hear if either John or Ali are taking the third bed, Ali does also have a room booked but doesn't know if she's coming on her own or not), Irene and Sally in a triple room (think Catherine may be taking heir third bed) and Rooty Toot also has a room booked.

If Ali and Irene come by train, Jim and I will be driving in to Coventry early-evening on the 21st to pick them up from the station, if they can liaise with each other and catch trains which arrive around the same time. We could fit one more in the car if you wanted to do that, too. But you should get a room booked anyway, no deposit needed and you can cancel until just before.

Should I book a "Standard Twin/Triple" room? it's £35 if i book now! Dont know whether I'll be alone/whether other people like Lee and others need a bed who are also going.

And yes, a lift from the station would be AWESOME. :)

Should I book a "Standard Twin/Triple" room? it's £35 if i book now! Dont know whether I'll be alone/whether other people like Lee and others need a bed who are also going.

And yes, a lift from the station would be AWESOME. :)

Yep, that's what we've booked but we're staying two nights. So, are you gong home straight after the gig?

Archived