Muse - A New Kind Of Kick

Here we have it! Did BellDom just reach a new high? A hugely entertaining and a good meme for Halloween, and has that great fun filled kinda dumb vibe to the whole thing which is excellent :LOL:

'Life is short, filled with stuff' may just be the high point of Matt's lyricism, however :LOL:

• 2 months later...

NEW SINGLE W/ CLUB TOUR, YOU KNOW IT'S COMING PEOPLE :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Early March, I'm calling it. Doesn't take long to finish one or max two songs.

For reference - NSC was recorded in April 2010 and released in mid-May.

"one or two new songs next year, if we are aksed for them.."

*"if we can be arsed, basically"

I could smell the bullshit on that a mile off though :phu:

You could tell they already had stuff planned.

Edit: Also that Bing video is super cute.

Edited by Jobby

Maybe its a sign of new material, or at least of demo'ing something.

It might be quick to automatically assume club show, mind. But then I didn't think the Psycho Tour would be a thing until I saw the press release so shows what I know.

Still I'd be more open to a small venue show than R+L at this moment so... hintedy hint hint Myooz?

NEW SINGLE W/ CLUB TOUR, YOU KNOW IT'S COMING PEOPLE :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Early March, I'm calling it. Doesn't take long to finish one or max two songs.

For reference - NSC was recorded in April 2010 and released in mid-May.

*"if we can be arsed, basically"

I could smell the bullshit on that a mile off though :phu:

You could tell they already had stuff planned.

Edit: Also that Bing video is super cute.

I'd say a single in spring! But not for Easter :eek: Halloween songs are enough fun!

Yes, I realised this "1 or2 songs.." thing was already planned back then...

And yes, Bing and Dom battle is really cute :D

Wouldn't have thought they'd rent out studio time just to do demos, right? Matt and Dom both putting something on Insta about it at the same time feels like a legit tease to me, especially since Dom's has now been reposted onto all of the bands main social media pages.

Can't see them coming back to put out a new single this far in advance of their festival shows without doing something in support of it either, just wouldn't make sense. Perfect excuse for a Psycho Tour 2 type deal. Links with their reporter friend saying European fans will be happy this year as well.

Wouldn't have thought they'd rent out studio time just to do demos, right? Matt and Dom both putting something on Insta about it at the same time feels like a legit tease to me, especially since Dom's has now been reposted onto all of the bands main social media pages.

Can't see them coming back to put out a new single this far in advance of their festival shows without doing something in support of it either, just wouldn't make sense. Perfect excuse for a Psycho Tour 2 type deal. Links with their reporter friend saying European fans will be happy this year as well.

so do you mean they are rehearsing for a mini-tour :eek: yeah, I forgot that Paula mentioned that..but before getting too much excited...we need some more hints.

I really hope it's a single, with one or two new songs and a remix or a live version of something old. And what I sure as hell don't want it to be is a tour or recording starting for a new album.

What was even the last single they released that wasn't part of an album? NSC? Or does that even count? The last before that was DS/IYW, right?

I'd be so happy if it was just couple leftover songs from Drones/T2L/TR. Record those, let that be just a little sweet surprise for the fans this year and take a good, long break with only few gigs here and there. Please. Don't rush a new album or tour. We can wait.

They probably don't have any.

Well considering many bands have easily hunderds of riff/song 'base ideas' for each album, I wouldn't be surprised if they've had the inspiration to build a few of those to complete songs. As an example, I think Kirk Hammet of Metallica said he alone had over 300 riff ideas for 'Hardwired'.

Even I have dozens of ideas stored and come up with new ones every day, I think it's possible they've got few in store :p

I really hope it's a single, with one or two new songs and a remix or a live version of something old. And what I sure as hell don't want it to be is a tour or recording starting for a new album.

It 187% won't be a new album :LOL: They were intentionally pretty vague when asked about gigs and new music in 2017 but they categorically said a new album wouldn't be out until 2018. It's just another non-album single (or potentially a double A-side).

Also, as for you negative nancys saying you don't want a tour - :fear:

Nah, in all seriousness, I get the idea of wanting them to take a break but I think a club tour would be different. It'd be relatively short so it wouldn't tire them out or give them much chance to get jaded and we know that they've actively been wanting to do another one since the Psycho Tour. I can only see it being dead fun, 'specially 'cos they'd be going into it with a better idea of what fans want so there'd be less "oops can't remember that" this time.

Nah, in all seriousness, I get the idea of wanting them to take a break but I think a club tour would be different. It'd be relatively short so it wouldn't tire them out or give them much chance to get jaded and we know that they've actively been wanting to do another one since the Psycho Tour. I can only see it being dead fun, 'specially 'cos they'd be going into it with a better idea of what fans want so there'd be less "oops can't remember that" this time.

You know I meant a larger-scale tour :p If they want to do a 10-30 gig club tour, that's just fine. A 'tour' is 100+ gigs imo, club tour is usually just for the lols even for the artist :D