It's always the ones you love that hurt you the most. Or something like that, isn't it?

I don't see any benefit towards liking something "just because" it came from Muse; I think it's important to be able to allow yourself to have things you like and dislike, anyways. Or look at even things you like critically. Or love some aspects and be really let down by others.

I love the Handler for so many reasons, but the solo makes me want to slap Mutt Lange in the face every single time, for example.

Or, I'm sure part of Revolt's lasting appeal to me is how much the lyrics actually anger me, and how I love how the song sounds so damn much I listen to it all the time and just end up feeling confused, in love, and ashamed of myself. :chuckle:

How can I feel so uplifted and so infuriated at the same time?!

These are way more interesting feelings, to me.

I'm betting that he's bored and can't sleep again, and that's the last we'll see of that. :chuckle:

I don't even want to know what the puppy face is. Unless he got a new dog; then I do.

That is some bizarre Snapchat filter where you get cartoony dog ears and a dog tongue over the top of the selfie. But then I don't have Snapchat, so I have had to be told what it is.

#WhatHaveWeDone

I am so pissed off. But I knew more people would vote leave. It's all the anti immigration crap people have been fed. So many people have this blind faith leaving the EU will put an end to the austerity and lack of housing. That is down to government policy and not the EU. And all this sovereignty crap. FFS. We live in a global economy and a multicultural society.

• 2 months later...

Aaaaaaand it's finally happened. A selfie of Matt at Burning Man with Paris Hilton.

I think I'm done. At the risk of sounding like a pretentious and/or superficial and short-sighted dick, I'm proclaiming that I've lost the struggle to continue to find something real in the artistic output of a man who increasingly participates in a world of Hollywood fakery while pretending to have some deep thoughts about the real world he's removed himself from.

Couldn't agree with that more, tbh, and really why I was gone for such a long time.

Probably a bit too drunk to elaborate at the moment, but I started off loving Drones to death, and everything that happened during the tour phase just came off like someone who thinks their fanbase is either so sycophantic or so stupid that they can't tell the music is pandering while band members actually show openly that that's what they are doing... *sigh*

Couldn't agree with that more, tbh, and really why I was gone for such a long time.

Probably a bit too drunk to elaborate at the moment, but I started off loving Drones to death, and everything that happened during the tour phase just came off like someone who thinks their fanbase is either so sycophantic or so stupid that they can't tell the music is pandering while band members actually show openly that that's what they are doing... *sigh*

For me, tonight, it comes after increasingly hearing stories about how the barter-only everyone-is-equal philosophy of Burning Man is quickly getting ruined by Bay Area tech bros, Russian Millionaire playboys and Hollywood stars flying in with special charter helicopters. They're creating exclusive elite areas with paid staff and all kinds of crap that has nothing to do with a festival that centers around equality, self-expression and everyone getting high in the desert together. I was cautiously hoping that Matt was tripping balls in the desert with some artist hippies after waiting in line for half a day in a trailer with everyone else, but to learn that he is part of the detrimental crowd of snobby elite in what should be a Utopia of equality is really disappointing.

The man should not be allowed to play another Rage Against the Machine riff.

(Disclaimer: I ain't no Burner and I've never been interested in being a part of it, but to learn that the Festival is succumbing to the same crap that the city of San Francisco is falling to is disheartening at a personal level.)

• 1 month later...
The band have posted this short video on their social media accounts. Any info/speculations?

Source:

I am absolutely freaking out over this. What is it supposed to be?? I am thinking maybe some kind of discount in the online store? Usually that's what "special" indicates, especially in this sense. Although maybe they'll pull some random shit on us like releasing Tokyou Zepp gig or who knows what.