matthijs

Well he's been doing the measurements and stuff over the past couple of days, so I think he's hoping to get it finished today. He's just got to do the milling of the saddles and putting the inserts back in I think.

I don't think he has a ZR equipped guitar at the moment he can put the bridge in so he won't be able to test the problem that was actually the issue unfortunately. He says he's made his own measurements instead of the Mansons provided ones so hopefully he knows what he's doing, haha! There's is the small possibility of a repeat I suppose but hopefully not as he's clearly seen what the problem was and learned from that. He can test the inserts still work electrically though at least. We'll have to see for the rest. Fingers crossed.

He says he's made his own measurements instead of the Mansons provided ones

Wait, what? Why would he do that? Surely he should go by their measurements as they had the thing fully assembled and know just how much the measurements will need to be changed, whereas he doesn't even have a guitar to try it with

Seems pretty odd, but hopefully it will work out

Wait, what? Why would he do that? Surely he should go by their measurements as they had the thing fully assembled and know just how much the measurements will need to be changed, whereas he doesn't even have a guitar to try it with

Seems pretty odd, but hopefully it will work out

I agree with this.

Yeeeeeees, I did essentially reply back to him with an "Are you sure about this?" or words to that effect, haha! Told him to particularly bear in mind what the problem was in the first place though and hopefully he doesn't screw it up. He said it will be a lot better than the last one anyway, so he seems happy with it. He is solving the problem I think from what he's said, he's just being a bit more subtle about it than Tim had suggested, so we'll see how it works out.

Yeeeeeees, I did essentially reply back to him with an "Are you sure about this?" or words to that effect, haha! Told him to particularly bear in mind what the problem was in the first place though and hopefully he doesn't screw it up. He said it will be a lot better than the last one anyway, so he seems happy with it. He is solving the problem I think from what he's said, he's just being a bit more subtle about it than Tim had suggested, so we'll see how it works out.

How different is his measurements from Mansons?

what did you have done to it?

nothing with the actual spec - just the neck sorted. I doubt I'd change anything with the spec as I love how it looks and sounds.

That is definitely one of my favorite Manson's!

Mine too but don't tell the others

I think I like it a tiny bit more than the most recent one, but then they're completely different guitars. Excited to get it back anyway

Olly, do you think you could do a mock up of the mahogany MA? I don't think they'd mind. Just with all black hardware rather than a mix of x nickel and black

...which is what I'm getting. I think it's going to be basically the same otherwise, with the exception of the bridge pickup

no idea, it was only really used for new born, but they haven't played that in a while

i imagine it's repaired by now. otherwise, maybe he'll have a new one built since the gloss black was one of his main ones

looks like he broke the neck, but not the body... but i can't tell from that video. if it's just the neck, they probably have spares and it'll be fine with a new one

I wonder if they just tour around with a box of spare Manson bodies and necks :LOL:

It's possible. I'm curious if they recycle the parts...there have been a few times where the bodies on those new matt black ones have broken in half but the necks look to be in one piece

I'm guessing it takes a little longer to make a new neck than a new body

I wonder if they just tour around with a box of spare Manson bodies and necks :LOL:

:LOL: I wouldn't be surprised!

Santa 2.0 borrowed a different neck at R&L. Not sure if the original was damaged or if it was just to look cool. Does look pretty nifty mixed up like that though.

MuseReadingSat01AB280811.jpg

Archived