matthijs

Ah so that's what happened to 005.

Isn't works 005 the one similar to my last one, but with the natural ash back?

I'm guessing the works series and customs are separate.

Works:

001 - Ali clad (mine)

002 - Cracked Mirror (was JoshH's)

003 - Ali clad w/ lacquer and binding (belongs to some guy on here who I can't remember the name of)

004 - Holey Grohl

005 - Sunburst MA

006 - Holey Grail??? (the one in the magazine)

007 - Holey Resonator

008 - Holey Grail (bigsby) (also belongs to someone on here)

009 - Baritone

010 - Carbonita (black) (crazybobbles')

011 - Red Carbonita (crazybobbles' brother)

012 - ???

013 - Holey NAMM

Customs:

015: MA Sparkles And Mirror (crazybobbles)

017: MA sunburst (mine)

I probably mixed something up around 006, but that's what I've gathered.... I know the sunburst was listed as Works 005 on the old website.

Works:

001 - Ali clad (mine)

003 - Ali clad w/ lacquer and binding (belongs to some guy on here who I can't remember the name of)

004 - Holey Grohl

005 - Sunburst MA

007 - Holey Resonator

009 - Baritone

012 - ???

013 - Holey NAMM

Customs:

I probably mixed something up around 006, but that's what I've gathered.... I know the sunburst was listed as Works 005 on the old website.

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-006-28

Definitely a number mix up, they have 005 as Grohl and 6 as the Bigbsy that belongs to a muser. Assuming the clone 002 is 8 months ago that does coincide with it being 12 since I've had Carbonita for 7-8 months.

Works:

001 - Ali clad (mine)

004 - Holey Grohl

005 - Sunburst MA

007 - Holey Resonator

009 - Baritone

012 - ???

013 - Holey NAMM

Customs:

Here is what Adrian wrote:

"Your custom was, from memory, works 005.

Regards

Adrian"

I don't know, but I know they get the etched covers in batches so if you want a cover material that it isn't worth them getting in a batch of 25, it has to be an unlogo'd one or something. I know I had the discussion about mine, they said it could be chrome or black if I wanted the logo, or anything else it would be without. I wanted the logo so I went chrome, haha!

BRy37XrCMAA3zQf.jpg

He got it signed too, lucky fucker :LOL:

The 2nd pic, you can see Matt's face like... "Wait what the fuck did you say your name was? How the hell is that spelt?!"

Do you think they could do gold ones? I'm thinking about getting some MBK-1's for my Les Paul.

I put the Nailbomb in my Les Paul bridge (p90 mississippi queen in neck).. and it just brought it to life! I'd put them in any Les Paul if going for a higher output. I kinda want to put something less aggressive in my LP Custom, like some Mules or something.

I put the Nailbomb in my Les Paul bridge (p90 mississippi queen in neck).. and it just brought it to life! I'd put them in any Les Paul if going for a higher output. I kinda want to put something less aggressive in my LP Custom, like some Mules or something.

black dogs. I've got those in my LP standard and they're PERFECT

Probably having one in my new custom, paired with a mississippi queen in the neck

the mules are nice, but I found they were lacking a bit of mids for heavier stuff. They were basically the sort of sound you hear on led zeppelin II.

This is my works number...from certificate (i.e. not memory)

It was built 8 months ago and got 010 so yours shouldn't be 005.

I'm guessing they have separate numbers for the works series and the custom series. The certificate I got with my last custom says "Manson Custom # 017", and your Carbonita certificate says "Manson Works # 010"

But I don't know. My cracked mirror certificate doesn't even have a number, but I figure it's still included in the 17+ that have been built so far (just they haven't printed all the certificates with the number it is)

black dogs. I've got those in my LP standard and they're PERFECT

Probably having one in my new custom, paired with a mississippi queen in the neck

the mules are nice, but I found they were lacking a bit of mids for heavier stuff. They were basically the sort of sound you hear on led zeppelin II.

I'm guessing they have separate numbers for the works series and the custom series. The certificate I got with my last custom says "Manson Custom # 017", and your Carbonita certificate says "Manson Works # 010"

But I don't know. My cracked mirror certificate doesn't even have a number, but I figure it's still included in the 17+ that have been built so far (just they haven't printed all the certificates with the number it is)

Ah. My bad :p sorry marcel.

Archived