matthijs

Hi guys,

I recently bought a custom guitar at Manson Store (marmite one, I've heard that one of you got it too) and I received it this morning. It works well, except for the fuzz factory that I asked to add. When I push the toggle down, no sounds come from the amp, and when I push it up, it sounds clean or overdriven according to the amp settings. I tried to turn knobs, but it doesn't go better.

What do you think about it ? Does it happen to someone else ? If not :

Am I brainless to not understand how this stupid effect works ? :D

As I live in France, maybe the shipping could have damaged the guitar ?

Should I try to repair it by myself, opening the backside and stuff ?

I already asked Manson Office by mail about it, but no answer for today. Can't wait Monday, help me please :3 !

Hey

So you mean no sound comes out when the effect is on? (toggle switch in the down position)

First thing I'd do is replace the battery. I imagine it's been played in the shop a bit, so it probably could use a new battery either way

If not, I wouldn't try repairing it unless you're familiar with how the fuzz factory works and are good with soldering

I don't think it would've been damaged in shipping. I've had the toggle switch break off of two guitars in shipping, but it sounds like yours still works properly

Hi guys,

I recently bought a custom guitar at Manson Store (marmite one, I've heard that one of you got it too) and I received it this morning. It works well, except for the fuzz factory that I asked to add. When I push the toggle down, no sounds come from the amp, and when I push it up, it sounds clean or overdriven according to the amp settings. I tried to turn knobs, but it doesn't go better.

I already asked Manson Office by mail about it, but no answer for today. Can't wait Monday, help me please :3 !

Sounds like battery. Replace it (or make sure there is one actually in there!). Move on from there. This is pretty much the same thing that happens to all effects when they lose power.

Hi guys,

Which guitar did you get?

I thought it was that too but needed to be sure. That's not marmite, it's sheeet

:pope: but Tim said it was marmite...

But yeah, it probably just needs a new battery. It is a bit odd though, as the fuzz factory doesn't draw much power, and that guitar hasn't been around that long... maybe it is possible that there's no battery in there at all :\ could be a bad connection somewhere, but hopefully not

should be receiving the three guitars by the end of next week. excited about the cracked mirror in particular. i love that guitar

Yup James, it's this one.

Thanks for your answers ! I tried to explain it as clearly as possible, but since English isn't my mother tongue...

I'll check the battery tomorrow. I remember that Adrian had almost same problem when I went to the store to test it. But to be honest, I didn't ask him what did he do to fix it.

I don't think he actually has works 002, but something similar.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1008465_567923309925738_1901296698_o.jpg

Works 002 was made in 2011 I think, has a single coil sustainer, and a different looking top

Works 002 had an epic mirror top. One of the best. That one looks more like the small impact cracked mirror tops.

Regarding marmite, don't some people love marmite? :p

Works 002 had an epic mirror top. One of the best. That one looks more like the small impact cracked mirror tops.

Regarding marmite, don't some people love marmite? :p

yeah exactly

and MFC likes marmite (that guitar) apparently. would much prefer a plain aluminum paint finish like the one mauro got though. or maybe that rust effect...

but that would make the rust relic less special

The mirror top in that picture looks quite cool, the M1D1 is my favourite mirror top though.

Long cracks>small cracks>no cracks.

agree with that. this one's always been my favorite top, but the M1D1 style comes pretty close

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/czeu/image1020

yeah exactly

and MFC likes marmite (that guitar) apparently. would much prefer a plain aluminum paint finish like the one mauro got though. or maybe that rust effect...

but that would make the rust relic less special

agree with that. this one's always been my favorite top, but the M1D1 style comes pretty close

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/czeu/image1020

lets not talk about that one...

Archived