2013.04.16 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, US

james90

last night was unreal. i went to both shows and while both were awesome, last night was by far the best concert ive ever been to in my life.

i went with my brother and three friends, three of us in GA, 2 in seats. One of my friends works in CID entertainment and was able to get us VIP passes right before the show! so we were able to enjoy the lounge which was amazing, the spread and aura in there was crazy, so much muse.

we went down to the floor about 10min before Muse came on, Chris's side about 5-7 rows of people back. the three of us were going mental the whole show. we were the most rowdy in our area, usually urging others to join in the dancing and jumping with us. during Knights of Cydonia the white spotlight came down right on me and i just started screaming and going insane, so awesome. Feeling Good sing a long was great.

I think it was during UD, i kept making a heart sign with my hands and Chris noticed it and gave me a smirk and then chuckled to himself :LOL:

DEAD STAR. so before the roulette started my friend and i kept saying to everyone "its gonna be Newborn! 100% itll be Newborn!" right before the ball dropped i turned to him and said "imagine if it landed on the green space?" and he just went "ya it wont happen!"

when it landed on the green, we all turned to each other and went NOOOOO WAYYYY. Matt said "oh, what song do we play now?" kept teasing the crowd, walked up to the people by the middle mic and asked what they wanted. my group and im sure all of them were shouting DEAD STAR. then matt just goes "well play Dead Star for ya". i went beserk and i think blacked out for a lot of the song. i recorded most of it but the camera is sloppy cause i was dancing and jumping recklessly. such an awesome moment, cant describe the euphoria of hearing that song

the whole concert was spectacular and muse is absolutely LOVING what they are doing right now. they are in prime form

Wow last night was amazing, deciding last minute to do a double double and see both shows at MSG was the best decision ever!!

This was probably one of the most awesome setlists I've heard...when they played Sunburn I nearly lost it, and thought with the appearances of PIB and Hysteria that there was potentially going to be a Citizen Erased moment. Alas, no (this is not a complaint, I am WAY thankful for everything they played last night!!).

Side note: I am going to go out on a limb and say Follow Me is one of the best live renditions of any of their songs ever, and I am not a Twuser - a Muse fan who only likes them because of Twilight. I've been lucky enough to hear a large variation of songs live including CE, but the Follow Me acoustics are just magical. Thoughts?

Wow last night was amazing, deciding last minute to do a double double and see both shows at MSG was the best decision ever!!

This was probably one of the most awesome setlists I've heard...when they played Sunburn I nearly lost it, and thought with the appearances of PIB and Hysteria that there was potentially going to be a Citizen Erased moment. Alas, no (this is not a complaint, I am WAY thankful for everything they played last night!!).

Side note: I am going to go out on a limb and say Follow Me is one of the best live renditions of any of their songs ever, and I am not a Twuser - a Muse fan who only likes them because of Twilight. I've been lucky enough to hear a large variation of songs live including CE, but the Follow Me acoustics are just magical. Thoughts?

Follow me does sound beautiful live, especially Chris's backing vocals

OMG I am SO JEALOUS! You got got the dream setlist!!! Why oh why didn't I come up again for the second show!?

I've been a Muse fan a long time, but I haven't been a visitor of these boards for AS long...can someone explain to me when and how did "Dead Star" become this holy grail? What is it about THAT song as opposed to so many other great ones, that makes this the coveted one? I love it too, but I am curious to the history of how and why THIS song resonates with the fans to this massive degree?:)

I am kicking myself for not going last night!!!!!!!!!

I've been a Muse fan a long time, but I haven't been a visitor of these boards for AS long...can someone explain to me when and how did "Dead Star" become this holy grail? What is it about THAT song as opposed to so many other great ones, that makes this the coveted one? I love it too, but I am curious to the history of how and why THIS song resonates with the fans to this massive degree?:)

I am kicking myself for not going last night!!!!!!!!!

Because it just sscreams all the best parts of Muse (heavy riff, Chris kicking ass on backing vox, awesome synth in BG, guitar solo, not terrible lyrics, great vox by Matt....

I don't think anyone claims it is "the end all be all", but I think lots of us fans want to remind Muse that USA fans do know their old stuff, and want more of it, because it kicks ass.

I was there as well! I couldn't reach the car fast enough. By the time I reached Dom's car it drove off.

Haha I was the guy in the pink shirt, which one were you? It was fun to run after the car. I'm pretty sure the women in the car were a bit startled when we showed up on the side of the car and waved

Haha I was the guy in the pink shirt, which one were you? It was fun to run after the car. I'm pretty sure the women in the car were a bit startled when we showed up on the side of the car and waved

I had on a navy blue peacoat. Trying to run with a light blue crossover bag. I looked like a lunatic running down that street.

I had on a navy blue peacoat. Trying to run with a light blue crossover bag. I looked like a lunatic running down that street.

Short hair? and :LOL: it was for a good (or at least understandable) cause! We all looked like lunatic i'm sure. Mickey Mouse didn't make it :( poor guy...

Short hair? and :LOL: it was for a good (or at least understandable) cause! We all looked like lunatic i'm sure. Mickey Mouse didn't make it :( poor guy...

Yeah! It was a good effort all around. I felt bad for Mickey Mouse :( it was so much fun though. IDK if I can do it again Friday :/. I'm taking a bus over there and don't want to be stranded.

Yeah! It was a good effort all around. I felt bad for Mickey Mouse :( it was so much fun though. IDK if I can do it again Friday :/. I'm taking a bus over there and don't want to be stranded.

Haha I have a ridiculously good memory for faces, I remember you! and I thought about buying a ticket for friday but then I will be broke and stranded as well :LOL: I don't think i'll see a better setlist than yesterday's anyway, so i'll just be happy with those memories. Good luck and have fun if you go on friday!

Wow nice pics :D

I still can hardly believe that I saw Dead Star and also Sunburn too omg

For the horror stories I've heard of American audiences I was relatively impressed with my section (213), most people stood up for the whole gig though I was one of few people rocking out.

OH. MY. GOD.

This show was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this has to be the best Muse concert I've ever been to. I wish I could re-live it. I went completely mental for Dead Star as I was hoping they would play it! I actually screamed! LOL. I've never rocked out so hard to a song before. It was such an exciting concert. They sounded incredible and their stage set up is really cool. I'm still feeling euphoric from it! Tomorrow I'll see them at the Izod Center (saw them at Mohegan, too) and I seriously cannot wait.

On another note my husband and I waited outside for the band but apparently waited on the wrong side and by the time we found out, they had already driven away.:eek: That was a bit disappointing but it didn't ruin the incredible evening we had.

:D

anyone else on here in the GA EAST section notice the 4 guys going absolutely nuts ??? everyone around them was standing around TRYING to enjoy themselves and they were bumping into everyone jumping head banging and getting in the way, having WAY too much fun.

one of those guys was me. so wtf happened musers!? standing around? shielding our girlfriend? no dancing? UNACCEPTABLE. every muse concert ive been to thus far DEMANDED jumping, dancing, singing on the top of your lungs..etc.

needless to say we did not let the boring mood of those around us, slow us down. we rocked the F out, like it was MSG 08. there were a couple stragglers, who u could tell they WANTED to join us, and they even did for a song or 2. rock on.

that set list was epic. from start to finish. if you saw us, i look forward to your comments, as im pretty sure we pissed you off. besides the fact that we were heavily under the influence of drugs and alcohol (not necessarily in that order), that is still no excuse to be standing around with little to no movement at a MUSE concert in general admission.

shame on you.

anyone else on here in the GA EAST section notice the 4 guys going absolutely nuts ??? everyone around them was standing around TRYING to enjoy themselves and they were bumping into everyone jumping head banging and getting in the way, having WAY too much fun.

one of those guys was me. so wtf happened musers!? standing around? shielding our girlfriend? no dancing? UNACCEPTABLE. every muse concert ive been to thus far DEMANDED jumping, dancing, singing on the top of your lungs..etc.

needless to say we did not let the boring mood of those around us, slow us down. we rocked the F out, like it was MSG 08. there were a couple stragglers, who u could tell they WANTED to join us, and they even did for a song or 2. rock on.

that set list was epic. from start to finish. if you saw us, i look forward to your comments, as im pretty sure we pissed you off. besides the fact that we were heavily under the influence of drugs and alcohol (not necessarily in that order), that is still no excuse to be standing around with little to no movement at a MUSE concert in general admission.

shame on you.

while im sure many commemorate you for your tenacity and love for muse, i get the feeling that if you were under the influence of copious amounts of drugs you were probably a tad more annoying than you and your buddies realized.

that said, anyone standing still at a muse concert doesnt deserve to be there

OH. MY. GOD.

This show was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this has to be the best Muse concert I've ever been to. I wish I could re-live it. I went completely mental for Dead Star as I was hoping they would play it! I actually screamed! LOL. I've never rocked out so hard to a song before. It was such an exciting concert. They sounded incredible and their stage set up is really cool. I'm still feeling euphoric from it! Tomorrow I'll see them at the Izod Center (saw them at Mohegan, too) and I seriously cannot wait.

On another note my husband and I waited outside for the band but apparently waited on the wrong side and by the time we found out, they had already driven away.:eek: That was a bit disappointing but it didn't ruin the incredible evening we had.

:D

ive been to all these shows also! where are your seats for izod? id love to chat with you about all the shows

so wtf happened musers!? standing around? shielding our girlfriend? no dancing? UNACCEPTABLE. every muse concert ive been to thus far DEMANDED jumping, dancing, singing on the top of your lungs..etc.

I'm convinced this is one of the reasons they don't really play their old stuff anymore (among many other reasons of course). If you look at videos from shows in Europe EVERYONE is jumping/dancing/screaming, even the part of the pit that is so far back it's not illuminated by the stage lights. I don't think it's lack of appreciation on the part of American fans, a lot of people are more concerned with taking the perfect video or picture rather than rocking out and maybe that's just the way they like to enjoy the show - I wish it wasn't this way, it's amazing to get crazy with other fans! That's one of the joys of having seen multiple Muse concerts, after the first 1 or 2 you're not as concerned with remembering thru film as with just enjoying yourself.

My sister and I were in section 108 (and thankfully there weren't many people around us) because we rocked out the.entire.time. My calves are still epically sore from it. Also, my friend and I snuck into the VIP area at Voodoo Experience in 2010 and I'll never forget at the end of the show (and some rather crazy jumping and dancing around) some people came up to us and said "you're energy for this band is inspiring." That's a moment that will live on in my memory forever and made us proud to be Musers!

while im sure many commemorate you for your tenacity and love for muse, i get the feeling that if you were under the influence of copious amounts of drugs you were probably a tad more annoying than you and your buddies realized.

that said, anyone standing still at a muse concert doesnt deserve to be there

i think im ok with that. i was more so looking for a reason/excuse for the lethargy. the BLAH attitude of everyone around us ALMOST ruined it for me!

Archived