Got mine yesterday 4th Oct... opened it today 'cos I had got bored waiting and bought one in HMV so had already heard it.... only to discover that I have been sent TWO dvds and No cd. Am beyond angry. How can they have cocked all of this up so badly?

Anyway, am sending it back and hope they get it right next time. What do you reckon to my chances?

Got mine yesterday 4th Oct... opened it today 'cos I had got bored waiting and bought one in HMV so had already heard it.... only to discover that I have been sent TWO dvds and No cd. Am beyond angry. How can they have cocked all of this up so badly?

Anyway, am sending it back and hope they get it right next time. What do you reckon to my chances?

I'm exactly the same, two DVDs and no CD. I have written to customer service, awaiting a response. :(

Hello

Have bought the 2nd Law deluxe set yet do not appear to have any notification of the free mp3 download of the album? Can anyone help?

Thanks

The download isn't mp3, it's HD audio files (FLAC) and you should have an email about it. If you don't, contact shop support.

Today at around 5pm my time I got an email from the Canadian muse store in response to my emails(!!!!!)!

In it it said:

Thank you for shopping at RhinoRecords.ca! Unfortunately we experienced a small delay in receiving the boxsets. Your order was received and shipped on Oct. 3rd.

And then they gave me a tracking number and link. Yeah, a little peeved that I don't have it as of yet, but I'm glad I finally got word back.

I've still not received my boxset, and Rhino hasn't provided me with any tracking info. Grrrrrrrr.

So much for "Note that if any items are preorders they will be shipped to arrive on the release date."

:(

So I got my box set today after it was sent on 19th September. I've avoided listening to streams of the album. For some strange reason (I never to do it in this order) I decided I'd watch the making DVD first then listen to the album. Was loving the new sounds.

So to my :eek: horror after watching the DVD and pulling out the disc in the front of the booklet to listen to the album,guess what it was? Yes another DVD, no CD...talk about totally pissed! How can they (Warner) get it so wrong!

I've never had an issue with the muse shop, but it's a total let down to spend nearly $100 Aussie NOT to have the CD to listen to.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Gerry

Still waiting for a reply from a) Warners and b) The Muse online shop as regards missing email for the HD Flac download (not mp3 ),

Seriously bad show by both. As for those poor souls who still haven't got the album at all - scandalous.

Sort it out.

Does anyone know if we can cancel orders and get our money back if we did the HD D/L already?

I've got the HD audio version when the release came out but yet to receive the box a week after release, which is now in all shops (HMV, Amazon, eBay) for £10 less, including the postage before people use that excuse.

The only way I've got this on my iPod was to D/L from a torrent (not illegally, I will apparently own the album at some point...)

So i got this,now if i understand this i'm being TOLD not to contact them for 30 working days.Brill customer service that is,i just hope it does turn up.:(

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

I can confirm that your order has been dispatched on 26.09.12

We typically dispatch orders within 1-2 business days (i.e. Mon-Fri);

and the postal service have then advised upon approximate delivery times

from that dispatch date, depending on your location. Here is a guide to

our approximate delivery time frames:

STANDARD / RECORDED DELIVERY

Europe: 1-7 business days

USA / Canada: 7-21 business days

Rest of World: 7-30 business days

(Business day = Monday – Friday)

EXPRESS (COURIER) DELIVERY

UK: Within 2-3 business days

Europe: Within 1-3 business days

Rest Of World: 7-10 business days

(Business day = Monday – Friday)

Please do allow the full 30 business day delivery time to pass before

checking in with us again as the postal service do not consider a

package lost until after that time so we cannot usually help before that

time has expired, and in the vast majority of cases the package does

turn up within that time.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need further help with

your order.

Thanks

Warner Music Customer Service

That is disgusting when they know that something has happened to dispatch times. Are we expected to wait 30 (most probably working(not including Saturdays)) days before they re-send?

As a long time and very loyal fan I am also very disappointed for not having received my box. If I was part of Muse management I would be overly frustrated. People paying 60 pounds for a box set is often long time loyal customers. This miserable postage situation is disappointing to say the least. I find it odd that management have not offered som sort of compensation.

As pointed out by other forum members, the box is now up to 10 pounds cheaper at my local store, where I could have a box set tomorrow (or 1 week ago).

My Limited Edition vinyl of The Killers' Battle Born is also delayed. At least I was notified and offered a 10% discount on future purchases from their store. Not anything special, but at least it's something. With the loyal customer issue I find it strange that Warner have not done anything besides a short e-mail apology to compensate customers.

I for one am finding it very hard to understand why I should ever do my shopping at Muse.mu again, or recommend it to anyone, when other distributers provide a much better service.

update: got mine on Friday, it had been delivered to a neighbour's on Thursday, but the box and the inner sleeves on the vinyl are damaged :( presumably due to sloppy handling and sliding around, though the packing-box was well designed. Hadn't checked until right now about the cd/dvd thing, thankfully mine are one of each :)

Really persist with your complaints people, I've just received the e-mail below:

Thank you for contacting us and for your patience. We are sorry to hear you have not received your Muse ‘The 2nd Law’ Deluxe box set. I can confirm that your order has been shipped successfully on time and in line with the album release date.

Your order was shipped on 26/09/2012 via standard post.

Shipping info:

All orders are dispatched from our warehouse based in Germany. Once the item leaves the warehouse it is then handled by a local service in your country. All orders placed by the 26th of September were packed and dispatched within 1 working day.

Delivery times vary across Europe, and some regions may be quicker than others. We fully expect your box set to arrive very soon, if it has not already. If it has arrived since you contacted us, please let us know so that we can consider your query closed. Please also check that you have not missed a delivery note from your local postage service.

Due to the delay in receiving your item, we would like to offer you a high quality MP3 download of ‘The 2nd Law’ free of charge so that you can listen to the new album straight away.

Still no box set today. I live in Denmark which is as close to Germany as you can possibly get. I have ordered tons of stuff from Germany, and have never waited for more than 3 days to receive my order. This is a disgrace. I wouldn't be all hysterical about if customer service would at least recognize their mistake instead of blaming postal services.

I haven't even heard from customer service and I emailed them a good 60 hours ago.

I can see 1,2 or even 10 box sets get lost in the mail. But this seems to be a problem for at least 100+ loyal customers, maybe even more, whom have all spend 60 pounds on a fan addressed box set.

Such a blow to loyalty indeed.

Archived