^ :LOL:

I think it can be agreed all round that Muse haven't received the marketing and promo support they should have with the last two albums; be this prerelease hype, singles and accompanying videos and tours.

There was definitely more effort in the marketing with TR (in the UK anyway) I saw huge billboards for the album in Manchester and such. T2L on the other hand, due to not reading this board or anything about Muse I didn't even know they had another album out until I came back to this board the following March :erm: I'd heard nothing about it marketing wise.

I think that considering the sheer size of the set up, and the huge amount of people they were hiring to help with set up, that it would add up very, very quickly.

Maybe their full stage setup and all the development for that setup cost a couple million but that's a one time cost that is recouped after a few shows. Then you have the enormous amount of people they staff with their crew and all the maintenance that happens show to show with everyone's salary but there is no way its over a million per show.

Anyways, is that "gross" million dollar number before all the fees, taxes, insurance, etc?

I don't know what income tax looks like in the UK, tbh, but where I live, I'd lose 40% of that gross before I had to pay anything else out of it.

Yep.

I really think all signs point toward a great album, without jumping on the hype train like we all do every album. Only because most of the tracks on TSL are fairly solid, just all over the place in terms of genre. Supremacy could have been less "Bondy", Liquid State should have had Matt on vocals, Animals was superb imo and Follow Me should have stayed in it's original form as a rock number and who knows it might have been a hit.

Really hoping for some piano on the next album as well though

Follow Me should have stayed in it's original form as a rock number and who knows it might have been a hit.

But we don't know for sure.

And no, rock Follow Me wouldn't have been any more commercially successful, let alone better

But we don't know for sure.

Archived