Thing I don't like about film OSTs is that they're usually very tied to their respective movies and don't really hold as well on their own since they're mainly there for accompaniment of whatever emotion the film is already building. Mansell I find is pretty good at making pieces that could work on their own.

Not bashing film scores here as I do enjoy listening to them. I remember Matt talking about that kind of influence on T2L and I found the orchestra work there to be blander than their previous work, even if it did sound "larger".

Thing I don't like about film OSTs is that they're usually very tied to their respective movies and don't really hold as well on their own since they're mainly there for accompaniment of whatever emotion the film is already building. Mansell I find is pretty good at making pieces that could work on their own.

Not bashing film scores here as I do enjoy listening to them. I remember Matt talking about that kind of influence on T2L and I found the orchestra work there to be blander than their previous work, even if it did sound "larger".

Good points. I enjoy the scores Joe Trapanese did for The Raid and its sequel, but then I've watched those fights so many times that they play in my head whenever I hear the tracks.

I still can't believe that they announced a plan before going in to the studio and so far everything points towards that they have actually stuck to it. I seriously can't wait for the next tour/album :D

Would be classic muse tho if they released their softest album to date with no guitar work whatsoever after all this :LOL:

bloody hell, LP7, it doesn't feel like it's been that long since I was doing my GCSEs and waiting for the resistance to come out :chuckle: bless.

What I've read on here so far does seem promising. Do we have an indication of when it will be released or is it just 'at some point next year'?

Archived