I forgot the Bliss video; I did enjoy that one, even if there wasn't much to it.

I always viewed it as committing suicide, though, because, you know... the ending.

I will definitely admit to having a hard time making it all the way through the Making Ofs.

It's not the joking around parts that are the problem, it's the fact that for a "making of" video series, there are some serious gaps in seeing things come together...

Meh I always enjoy seeing the making-of videos. Even if it's not a comprehensive look at how they make an album it's still interesting to see some behind-the-scenes stuff, and personally I find the lads having a laugh and a jape quite enjoyable.

I really enjoy watching the early "Making of's" from the short "Making of Showbiz" to "The making of Absolution. Because it showed the band when they weren't so mature, and yeah i find their personailty traits interesting! But the ones for T2L and TR were boring to me... On another note if Muse's music videos were anywhere near as good as their concert visuals I'd be happy with them. The moving 2nd Law brain blew my mind live.

I'm wanting some good music videos on this album, in MY OPINION Muse hasn't ever really had an amazing music video, with maybe the exception of T2L:IS, Invincible, or Animals(Which I'm pretty sure was fan made)(Or Unintended because tiny baby Matt looked fucking adorable).. I want some music videos that are fun and don't loop. Also maybe without a shot of the band.

Truthfully though i want something that i can trip out to. Mind blowing visuals with an underlying theme would make these videos amazing to go along with the stellar music.

And yes i know "Its premature to talk about music videos without any music to go by." but it's a discussion board, so let me discuss.

EDIT: I forgot Sing for Absolution that video is amazing.

EDIT2: Ehh Uno is alright too.

I'm not too bothered about music videos, something that does annoy me is ones which set the fanbase into an annoying state ie Panic Station

The 'making of' videos are crap.

Give any one of us a camera and time with the band and we could come up with a more insightful video. The worst is when Tom overlays the album recording with a video of them playing it, or video of them dicking around. Maybe it's just me but I would like to see a 'making of' video where they are experimenting with different sounds/arrangements (maybe even talking to the camera about those aspects) or maybe seeing the songs evolve throughout the process.. I guess he did that with Uprising and Unsustainable but apart from that, not much else.

I feel there's a point where "building up excitement" falls over the crevasse into "pointlessly drawing things out for the sake of drawing things out" and we end up with people still talking about the Zepp release over a year later.

There's nothing wrong with giving estimates of timelines, or updates. It doesn't "ruin the mystery" or anything.

"Hey! It's going to be a few months..." or "um... we ran into some obstacles we didn't foresee, and this might not happen..." are better than radio silence and cryptic messages.

I have to agree with the last two posts. Getting the making of features is definitely better than nothing but I'd like to see more about how the songs form over time, with maybe some interviews.

I'm also a little tired of hearing things to the effect of "We're practicing Exogenesis, watch out for it in the future!" or "20th Anniversary 2014!" after which literally nothing happens. That said I still prefer it to total radio silence, and I understand things come up/people change their mind.

Im hoping for some good B-Sides... If i get another song like Eternally Missed to go along with one of the singles i will be so happy. Personally i think EM is one of their best songs. Most of the songs in the Absolution era that didn't make the cut are on my top 30 I'd say.

#prayforB-Sides2015 #justkiddingsingforB-Sides #Iwillbesinging

Im hoping for some good B-Sides... If i get another song like Eternally Missed to go along with one of the singles i will be so happy. Personally i think EM is one of their best songs. Most of the songs in the Absolution era that didn't make the cut are on my top 30 I'd say.

#prayforB-Sides2015 #justkiddingsingforB-Sides #Iwillbesinging

Eternally Missed, the Groove, Easily, Crying Shame, Futurism, Fury, Glorious, most of their B-Sides are incredible tbh

we'll just forget about NSC :LOL:

Archived