• Animals
    • Explorers
    • Big Freeze
    • Save me
    • Liquid State
    • The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
    • The 2nd Law: Isolated System

I can imagine the writing process for Big Freeze went along these lines:

Matt: "You know what? I really want to write an epicly shit song...y'know, something to rival Guiding Light. It has to be awful, stupid, and preferrably sound like we're ripping someone off as well....any ideas?"

Dom and Chris: "Well U2 are pretty shit, aren't they? Bono is a bit of a cunt and all."

Matt: "PERFECT."

:LOL:

It's really not, though, but then I'm not into soppy stuff on any level. The sentiment behind it is cute but it's not my cup of tea. It could be a grower in the future but I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it since the first time.

For the most part, I think the song is a bit meh, but the chorus is awesome and it looks great live.

Still Save me by a mile, can't believe I voted for madness what was I thinking

No. Just no.

Have they played it in the live? lolz

Almost at every gig so far.

I wouldn't know. The last time I saw them was on the 26th of October and I only remember about 6 songs from the night. Damn O2 and Peroni! It's way too easy to get comfortable outside of the arena before the gig, LOL.

For the most part, I think the song is a bit meh, but the chorus is awesome and it looks great live.

I could probably handle the chorus if it weren't for the beginning of the song. Even then, the chorus reminds me a little of 'Resistance' and I wasn't particularly fond of that either.

I enjoyed Save Me live :phu:

Me too last night - I like the song much more than Liquid State and it was amazing seeing Chris so focused and he sang it perfectly, way better then At the Roundhouse for example...+ I was 6 feet away from him ! Not a highlight of the gig though. But Matt and Dom on a moving drum set were cool too...

Archived