Do you like Explorers?  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

"Explorers" is that song they put on every album since "Black Holes". "Invincible", "Guiding Light", "Explorers".

If you don't stop putting titles between citation marks I'm going to slam my hand on my table semi-hard. Just a warning for you.

I prefer "Big Freeze". "Explorers" just sounds like those other songs. "Big Freeze" sound like U2.
What does which one you prefer have yo do with anything?

And that Big Freeze sounds like U2 is exactly the point. Invincible/GL/Big Freeze are the wannabe stadium anthems, while Explorers is a pimped up lullaby.

I really like this song, though it did have to grow on me a bit. I don't agree that it was a mistake "imprisoning our souls" but it's still a beautiful tune. It does get a bit boisterous in the middle for a lullaby (not to mention the lyrics might be considered heavy for a kid) but whatever. Rock stars' kids probably get way better lullabies than I did as a kid.

I'm pretty sure that it's not literally a lullaby, in other words written for the purpose of being listened to by a small child when you want them to sleep. It's conceptual.

Archived