I like the album as a whole, I definitley think it's at least as good as TR, however I do not like the tracks by Chris. They're decent songs on their own, but I don't think it goes with Muses sound, it sounds like a different band, or it could work as a solo project.

I had some problems with Survival when it was first released, but find it works alot better in the album.

Some songs feels a bit meh, but I felt the same about some TR songs and now I love TR, I probably just need to see them live like I with TR, unless all songs turn out to be like UD live.

The songs I'm looking forward to seeing live the most are probably Madness, Supremacy, Panic Station, Big Freeze, Unsustainable and Animals (the guitar<3), Follow Me might be kind of awesome as well, especially if they utilize the potential for an awesome lightshow.

Tbh, Follow Me (because of Nero etc) and Chris' songs were some of the songs I looked forward to the most in the Making Of... But well, I know I'll enjoy it anyway. Love making ofs.

With this album I've realised that I REALLY love Muse changing their style constantly. Animals (which is a superb song, btw) sounds quite too familiar to me, and that makes me feel as if it was 'less' than other songs. I really really enjoy it, truly, but I prefer their 'experiments'.

Ah, but only when they end up being something enjoyable of course... and that doesn't always happen:LOL:

Explorers and Big Freeze. I don't know what is going on there.

Sooner they get a producer, the better (assuming they self-produced).

Like I said earlier, getting a producer won't help. Muse know what they want, and if a producer tells them not to, they're probably just gonna tell him to fuck off.

That is an unusual way to describe it.

Hmm, I just meant to say that I first thought it was just a weak, somewhat dodgy track, now I dislike it with unusual intensity. Matt's voice sounds sleazy on parts of it, and not in a good way, and the song is so saccharine (music/production, haven't paid attention to the lyrics yet).

Matt's already said that they'll work with producers again in general terms sort of to say that they're not diametrically opposed to the idea, and I think it'll happen once they've completely run out of steam with this direction they've been going the past couple of albums. There's got to be a reaction to this coming down the pike. Even though I suspect that even a stripped down, cohesive Muse album would have some sort of imposed element of grandeur on it such as one 50-minute piece of music or whatever, just to emphasize the point that hey, now we're telling a single story, I don't think they're gonna remain perpetually all over the place to the extent that they've been recently.

That's not to say they'll still just stick to the same genre or whatever in that case, OoS has variety on it even though people would probably agree that it all gels more than T2L.

On one hand it's a solid plan for them to explore different genres and make each song its own little world, it's easier short term to generate content, but at some point if they keep doing it they're gonna sit there looking at what to do with their third flamenco ballad waiting for people to shriek about them rehashing ideas, and they're gonna have to rely on more pure songwriting with no asterisks.

I've moved on to waiting for album #7 because personally T2L is the biggest piece of shit I've ever heard in terms of song quality and lyrics. Major disappointment doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Listen to your own rants on repeat. :awesome:

And really there are some great tracks on T2L, even for you Rocky. ;)

Supremacy, Panic Station, Animals, Liquid State, IS

Do you really think that songs are sub-par?

:yesey:

Then again has this guy ever made a positiv post?

If you're referring to me, yes I have. I've defended all the haters of the first five albums. This album is such a departure from the sound they've mastered I just don't know what to think anymore. This will be the first Muse album that I won't buy and it really breaks my heart that it has to be that way. Muse have been my favorite band for just under 7 years and I just can't get behind this change in direction.

Listen to your own rants on repeat. :awesome:

And really there are some great tracks on T2L, even for you Rocky. ;)

Supremacy, Panic Station, Animals, Liquid State, IS

Do you really think that songs are sub-par?

You guys are really quite bias. You can gush about the album all you want and no one gives a fuck yet just because I'm expressing my reasons for not liking the album repeatedly you can't stand to hear it. You don't want to hear any thing negative about T2L but you guys forget just because I hate the album doesn't mean I'm no longer a Muse fan.

To answer your question, yes I really think the songs are sub-par on this album. The only songs I imagine I'll continue to listen to are Supremacy and Panic Station and possibly Madness and Survival (even though I only really enjoy the second halves of those two songs). The rest I'm going to try my hardest to forget Muse even wrote.

Archived