It ISN'T a bad record. I can't let people get away with saying that, but in my opinion it's not anywhere near the standard they could be at. It's one that you could remove a few songs, shuffle and the order wouldn't matter one bit.

Although I don't hate the Isolated System samples I think a pure instrumental with no vocals of any kind would have been nice, especially if they did something experimental with it live.

I find it irritating that I have to skip some songs on the physical CD when I get to play it in the stereo...

Chris's songs haven't had as strong an impact as I thought they would considering most people were v excited to hear them before they came out. I like both, favouring Liquid State - they're great efforts from someone who's never written/sang lead. I also actually like the lack of Matt in Liquid State: for once, you can hardly recognise he's on a track, which I think is intentional as he probably wanted to give Chris centre-stage for the whole thing. Towards the end the bass is a bit like Lightning Bolt.

And Save Me is really warm: I love his vocals on it. I thought I'd be first to find it too weird to have Chris sing lead and that it wouldn't be Musey enough, but I love 'em. They are very different to their usual output, but in a good way. LS could stand to be longer, though. It just cuts off.

Not from videos with illegally uploaded material though :p

I might be mistaken. I thought as long as you opted in to ads, you got paid. I could be wrong. Some dumbass I work with buys new products all day long, opens them, films and Youtubes the unboxing, and then returns the used items for a full refund... I know he makes a good deal of money.

Do I want to listen to this early... or no...?

I DID listen to Save Me, after hearing it live, to give it a fair shot. Just *not* getting into it. Slow, long, and the vocals - while good - just don't do it for me.

WAAAAAAY too long. And like a completely different band.

Have you noticed how mat says "sssshhhhh, gooooo tooooo sleeeeep" at the end yet?? I find that really creepy :LOL:

Yes. I have. I can't decide whether it is meant to be sort of a story of rocking a baby, singing gently about how shit the world is (you know kind of we're born into chains) and that is kind of back to reality - the end of the lullaby, or whether it has an even darker connotation, like we are all going to die. But anyway, yes.

And btw perhaps I should take the advice in the song! :chuckle: Listening is very addictive but we have plenty of time.

I might be mistaken. I thought as long as you opted in to ads, you got paid. I could be wrong. Some dumbass I work with buys new products all day long, opens them, films and Youtubes the unboxing, and then returns the used items for a full refund... I know he makes a good deal of money.

Do I want to listen to this early... or no...?

I DID listen to Save Me, after hearing it live, to give it a fair shot. Just *not* getting into it. Slow, long, and the vocals - while good - just don't do it for me.

WAAAAAAY too long. And like a completely different band.

There's other 11 songs on there, mind

Yes. I have. I can't decide whether it is meant to be sort of a story of rocking a baby, singing gently about how shit the world is (you know kind of we're born into chains) and that is kind of back to reality - the end of the lullaby, or whether it has an even darker connotation, like we are all going to die. But anyway, yes.

I think he's supposed to be singing to bing and that's who the 'we' is so its kind of like a lullaby to bing about how the world is shit haha

I think he's supposed to be singing to bing and that's who the 'we' is so its kind of like a lullaby to bing about how the world is shit haha

Well I don't think it is directly to Bing. Afterall Bing and Matt are hardly likely to have any trouble owning land! :LOL:

I think it is meant in more general terms, set in the context of a parent singing a lullaby to their newborn, but really meant as a political comment. The idea that we're all born into chains.

However, it goes even further than that with. "Free me from this world". It is so sad. It has almost brought me to tears. Going by what Matt has said about it, as well as what I hear, I think it is the idea of not feeling you belong because everything, even the land you stand on is owned by someone else. And its about giving up. "I concede". Of course there is only one way to be freed from the world. :supersad:

[EDIT: Though on a lighter note, it seems they have have already thought of another way to be freed from the world - spaceships. :awesome:]

However, saying that, it is probably inspired by Matt's feelings towards, and relationship with Bing. At least being in the situation of having his first child. I think he has said that.

Archived