Length is the only issue for me. Would be nice if they'd actually fill up their time slots.

Arriving on time and playing until their slot is up? Preposterous!

Also, I don't think people can really complain that songs from OOS aren't being played anymore. The band did say that Reading/Leeds was pretty much it :chuckle: Plus, this new album has a wealth of great live songs on it.

Well referring to the other thread, what's all this about Matt being drunk? :LOL: He was chatty at Cologne too. :happy: Though at least it was easier to hear what he was saying this time. Maybe it was just because it was a smaller gig.

Missed Supremacy as was trying to sort out computer, missed Panic Station as was having argument with daughter about borrowing her laptop :LOL: And then had to listen to it on with shitty laptop speaker, but the gig seemed cool. :D Glad they played Newborn. :D I think Survival sounds great once it gets started. :D

A lot of people don't seem to realise that they now have 6 albums and a lot of hits behind them and songs are going to get cut/rotated.

Resistance was a single off the last album, SS/Hysteria were 3 albums ago.

Of course, for those who haven't seen those songs loads of times already I can see the frustration.

I personally am ok with songs being rotated if it means more new stuff that I've not seen before.

Well referring to the other thread, what's all this about Matt being drunk? :LOL: He was chatty at Cologne too. :happy: Though at least it was easier to hear what he was saying this time. Maybe it was just because it was a smaller gig.

It's because his playing and singing was absolutely atrocious tonight. So sloppy for a lot of songs.

On a positive note, Animals was absolutely amazing. The new visuals are so creepy and intense, I loved it. Probably my favorite performance from the whole thing (I didn't get to watch Supremacy). Oh, and Madness actually sounded really great. Way better than the previous performances.

Arriving on time and playing until their slot is up? Preposterous!

Also, I don't think people can really complain that songs from OOS aren't being played anymore. The band did say that Reading/Leeds was pretty much it :chuckle: Plus, this new album has a wealth of great live songs on it.

I know right? They're so considerate allowing me to leave 40 minutes earlier from when the gig was supposed to end.

And yes I don't know why people are surprised when they stick to their word about phasing out OoS after R/L. Although I'll probably always be a bit bitter about not being there to see it leave.

They've had 5 -6 albums. There's a lot of material there being ignored in favour of playing the same 6 songs as standard for years and years. If they got new fans and lost all the old ones on a yearly basis it might be reasonable, but quite a lot of people are loyal fans.

Also, other bands manage to pay setlists of over 20 songs, so why can't/won't Muse?

Of course, but this is now my third tour that I've followed the band on and it's just one of those things I've learned to accept. Gone are the days of obscure b-sides and album tracks from previous albums dominating the setlists. Muse aren't one of those bands. I do understand the length issue (Muse should be pushing for 18/19 at the minimum, but this is a pre-gig tour so we'll wait for the actual tour for bitching about that).

I realise they have a loyal following, but at the same time, there comes a time when you've gotta stop catering to them. As I said, it's deluded to believe they should pick songs like Darkshines over TiRO. For a song like TiRO, when you're there, you get over the fact that it's not your favourite song and everyone knows it and enjoys it. With a song like Darkshines, the 10% of the crowd who know it enjoy it but the rest are left confused with a very select few maybe going, "I like this and might go home and buy it from iTunes". I'm not saying that's the right way to think, but you can understand Muse's reasoning for it that way.

A quick re-order of tonights setlist. There are a few sections which could be worked on, and from Madness to TiRO would be abit of a lull, but I feel it would have worked abit better?

And based on this set,those additions in bold which could be included as part of the arena tour, based on a 20 song set.

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Map of the Problematique [interlude + Hysteria]

Follow Me

Animals

Any two of - Explorers/UsoE/Feeling Good

Madness

Save Me

Resistance

Starlight

Time is Running Out

Plug in Baby

Knights of Cydonia

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

New Born [stockholm Syndrome]

Uprising

Survival

I don't get how people are saying this is a pre-tour gig it's fine.

Wouldn't you think they'd be playing more songs NOW rather than later while they're not burnt out and going from gig to gig to gig every night?

It shouldn't be a downward slope. You don't want the band to tire out before the tour has even started :LOL:

I did have a pretty good time watching this gig; I jumped around my room like crazy!

I'm not upset about the setlist, considering that it had to be a greatest hits gig so that they can later sell it on iTunes. But you've gotta give it to them, I wasn't expecting Map of the Problematique or New Born at all, I thought they were dead already.

16 songs long, if they keep on playing 23 songs at normal gigs I'd love to see them perform:

(the rest of The 2nd Law)

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Explorers

Big Freeze

Liquid State

And the other 2 songs should be things on rotation from the other 5 albums (Matt did say they MAY play something from Showbiz). Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Falling Down, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Ruled by Secrecy, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Take a Bow, United States of Eurasia and yes, Undisclosed Desires. I guess Dead Star will be Japan exclusive as usual. And I'd also love to see them perform Exogenesis and then cross fade it into Unsustainable.

And no, one does not simply resist to Origin of Symmetry.

On a positive note, Animals was absolutely amazing.
THIS. My fave performance of the night. Was completely mesmerised. THre's not a thing I don't love about that song. And the intro was v nice too.

Follow Me was superb as well. It was a bit disheartenin to see how little applause such an awesome performance got and then at the first chords of PiB everyone went mental. And then people wonder why they don't take some songs out of the setlist.

Survival closing is a bit tricky, I hope they reconsider it - I must be one of the few who has loved it from the start and would like to see it well performed. And after a whole set, I'm predicting Matt is bound to miss some of the key notes. I never liked TaB closing for the same reason.

Of course, but this is now my third tour that I've followed the band on and it's just one of those things I've learned to accept. Gone are the days of obscure b-sides and album tracks from previous albums dominating the setlists. Muse aren't one of those bands. I do understand the length issue (Muse should be pushing for 18/19 at the minimum, but this is a pre-gig tour so we'll wait for the actual tour for bitching about that).

I realise they have a loyal following, but at the same time, there comes a time when you've gotta stop catering to them. As I said, it's deluded to believe they should pick songs like Darkshines over TiRO. For a song like TiRO, when you're there, you get over the fact that it's not your favourite song and everyone knows it and enjoys it. With a song like Darkshines, the 10% of the crowd who know it enjoy it but the rest are left confused with a very select few maybe going, "I like this and might go home and buy it from iTunes". I'm not saying that's the right way to think, but you can understand Muse's reasoning for it that way.

I'm more excited to hear the new album than I have been for the last 2 albums, so I have no problems with lots of new album tracks this tour. It'd just be so nice to hear Assassin or Hoodoo instead of Starlight and KOC or Unnatural Selection/ I Belong To You/ MK Ultra instead of the usual Resistance stuff.:(

I thought Darkshines went down well at Leeds and Reading, definitely a lot better than Undisclosed Desires :p

Archived