Muse on Later with Jools Holland again 2012.09.25

Will_

Yeah, the vocal distortion only works on the studio version - I actually like it on there, but live he really doesn't need to add it in. Still an amazing performance. Really loved the strings and brass: it heightened that atmosphere to the song, which is what makes it so great :happy:

Haha, aw they're all sat down together at the end like kids getting ready to watch a show (in their case, The Beach Boys: bet Chris was loving it!)

Havent heard it yet but I know that I don't like the effect on his voice on the album version of the falsetto. The guitar tone is amazing.

I love it on the album. But it should stay there because it makes a transition from vocals to guitar that isn't replicable live.

The song remains one of the best live songs muse have ever written

I seen them playing but I can swear I didn't hear the brass section in the mix at all. No trumpets after the solo or anything, am I going deaf or what?

I heard it just during the guitar solo

Yeah, the vocal distortion only works on the studio version - I actually like it on there, but live he really doesn't need to add it in. Still an amazing performance. Really loved the strings and brass: it heightened that atmosphere to the song, which is what makes it so great :happy:

It's not really a distortion effect on the album version, though.

My goodness I still have chills from that. All the way through I was like like hell yeah, this is muse, this is pureeee badassery ughh and when all the strings and trumpet and guitar and vocals and drums were going on I didn't know which part to wail along too!

And Morgan looked like he was having loads of fun :chuckle:

My goodness I still have chills from that. All the way through I was like like hell yeah, this is muse, this is pureeee badassery ughh and when all the strings and trumpet and guitar and vocals and drums were going on I didn't know which part to wail along too!
:happy::happy::happy:

3 weeks till live Muse again :awesome:

It's not really a distortion effect on the album version, though.

Sounds pretty much the same to me :LOL:

And Morgan looked like he was having loads of fun :chuckle:

This all over! :yesey: This song defines epic Muse. It's one of their best ever, imo.

Archived