Rate the song: Guiding Light

hairolfitri

What do you think about Guiding Light?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Guiding Light?

• Love it, can't get enough of it
    • Decent, but wouldn't mind skipping it
    • Horrible, what is this sorcery

There was a poll back when a short preview clip was released for a song, as well as a thread on why the song is generally not liked, but I don't think they're the same as rating the song now that it's been heard in its entirety.

I think this is great idea. I will be really interested to see exactly how many haters there are for it here. So far (all 6 votes!) are positive :D

I actually don't really mind the song. sure, it's one of Muse's hmm, well... "less capable" songs, but there are much, MUCH worse songs out there (starlight, nsc, overdue, IBTY >I don't care if it was supposed to be a pisstake< and now Madness).

Guiding light is quite enjoyable at parts. I despise the synths which are pretty unnecessary, but for example the solo and the chorus after it are imo pretty damn good.

all in all, I'd choose Guiding Light over Starlight and NSC any time.

(say, you guys ever noticed that muse never really had a good time with lights? I mean twilight, starlight, guiding light...:LOL:)

I dunno if I love it so much I can't get enough of it, but I wouldn't dare skip it either. Do adore it quite a bit at times, and it was one of my favourite songs at Wembley. *shrugs* It's my occasional fuck buddy I guess rather than full on emotional bleurgh with about 30 other songs.

So, now we have 7 haters, 6 lovers and quite a few 'OK'ers. That's not too bad. It's nice to see some others on here saying they like/love it as personally I really don't think it's as bad as some say it is. I think the poll could have done with another category between 'love it' and 'decent' (or whatever the second one was).

I like Starlight too - no spoiler required :p

Heard it for the first time in ages today... I enjoyed it. Yeah, it's cheesy and overly melodramatic and derivative of "Vienna" by Ultravox but... I'm a sucker for the guitar and synths. It's mainly the tone, I guess. The vocals are nice as well, and it builds up into a pretty decent, dramatic climax.

It's still not something I would listen to very often, but as for it being the worst Muse song ever like everyone seems to claim...nah.

I said that the very first time I heard it, I ve never heard anyone else say that! I like Vienna by Ultravox :)

Really? The comparison is pretty common.

Anyway, I don't like the song. Almost eveything about it makes me cringe. It's not their worst song but it's certainly not far from it.

Archived