I'm generally a fan of Ampeg Bass Amps but I'm actually really glad Chris stopped using them. I know it wouldn't be the main reason but during the Showbiz tour his tone was borderline laughable.

Speaking of basses. When I first started playing in my band I also exclusively played on the Jazz pickup (my bass has a P and Jazz pickup) but now I'm playing 90% of my stuff on the P. Its really odd.

I'm generally a fan of Ampeg Bass Amps but I'm actually really glad Chris stopped using them. I know it wouldn't be the main reason but during the Showbiz tour his tone was borderline laughable.

Which is odd, because I love a lot of the tone from the Showbiz album. Didn't sound as tight and restricted as the other albums.

The Hyper Music video sounded pretty bad. Sounds like the recording wasn't great in combination with an average performance.

Speaking of basses. When I first started playing in my band I also exclusively played on the Jazz pickup (my bass has a P and Jazz pickup) but now I'm playing 90% of my stuff on the P. Its really odd.

That's normal. You're learning to love P pickups. I find they are less noisy and have a smoother suitable tone. That's my go to pickup on my Bass Collection and Fender Precision (P/J config)

On that configuration I'd mostly use the P with the J added for some growl.

+100%. The Jazz pickup adds quite a lot of growl. I don't normally dial the J pickup all the way up but I'll either 50/50 blend on the BC or turn the P to full, J to 50% on the Precision when I need growl. :D

Which is odd, because I love a lot of the tone from the Showbiz album. Didn't sound as tight and restricted as the other albums.

That's normal. You're learning to love P pickups. I find they are less noisy and have a smoother suitable tone. That's my go to pickup on my Bass Collection and Fender Precision (P/J config)

On the album he has pretty decent tone. But live it just fell apart, his overall tone became much better after the change to Marshall in my opinion.

The only times I use my Jazz pup is on some RHCP songs and to add more power or growl as you said. But I'm still naive when it comes to bass set ups. I mean, I don't even know whats strings I have to get when I have to change them :facepalm:

SON OF A

BRi1ZoDCEAAoQo0.jpg

The setlist gets even wierder.

Agitated

Dead Star

Micro Cuts

Futurism

Fury

Liquid State

Hyper Music

New Born

Yes Please + Execution Commentary riff

Encore:

Uprising

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Encore 2

What's He Building (intro music)

Panic Station

Supermassive Black Hole

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Starlight

The setlist gets even wierder.

Agitated

Dead Star

Micro Cuts

Futurism

Fury

Liquid State

Hyper Music

New Born

Yes Please + Execution Commentary riff

Encore:

Uprising

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Encore 2

What's He Building (intro music)

Panic Station

Supermassive Black Hole

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Starlight

Yea I saw the tweets when I got up this morning. I was so sure it was a troll at first. So many staple songs of this entire tour just ditched for epic rarities/bsides! When was the last time a set didn't have KoC!!!

And we thought it was crazy when Yes Please/Agitated showed up at the last stadium show... They wore the panic station outfits, with tons of people dressed up and dancing on stage, including Tom Kirk. Morgan had the school girl uniform on! I am actually surprised Muscle museum didn't show up.

Yea I saw the tweets when I got up this morning. I was so sure it was a troll at first. So many staple songs of this entire tour just ditched for epic rarities/bsides! When was the last time a set didn't have KoC!!!

And we thought it was crazy when Yes Please/Agitated showed up at the last stadium show... They wore the panic station outfits, with tons of people dressed up and dancing on stage, including Tom Kirk. Morgan had the school girl uniform on! I am actually surprised Muscle museum didn't show up.

He lost the pedal remember :rolleyes:

Archived