What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Absolutely :yesey:

The only thing that I don't like about this song is how Matt sings the two "finally" bits. The rest is flawless.

I don't like that either. (But I don't think the rest is flawless though).

I realised today that the song would be much better if the part before the climax was shorter. It bores me to death... And that solo is so whatever... The last minute and a half of the song - perfect. The rest of it - utter bullshit death for ears.

(that's just me)

The 3 songs I've heard from 'The 2nd Law' are the worst songs I've heard from Muse, by a long way.

Like, ACTUAL drivel. I can't understand. I'm all keen for experimentation and changing your sound, but...it's like they've regressed. Forgotten all their musical knowledge. It's like Hercules losing his strength.

I mean 'This love is m-m-m-madness'...really? A poor rip-off of the Killer Queen guitar solo? REALLY?! Piss off. Geez a fucking gnarly bassline.

Can't ever see myself buying this album. I've not bought a ticket for the tour, for the first time in years. I've just...gone off them. If I don't like their songs, I'm not going to pretend I'm still a Muse fan. I don't like this band. I loved the band that gave us those first 3 albums. This is now just shite. It's all Goldie Hawn's fault.

Now whilst you all mourn the loss of me, I'm going to go and listen to Showbiz, OOS and Absolution, weeping in a darkened room, rubbing myself with the CD sleeves.

The 3 songs I've heard from 'The 2nd Law' are the worst songs I've heard from Muse, by a long way.

Like, ACTUAL drivel. I can't understand. I'm all keen for experimentation and changing your sound, but...it's like they've regressed. Forgotten all their musical knowledge. It's like Hercules losing his strength.

I mean 'This love is m-m-m-madness'...really? A poor rip-off of the Killer Queen guitar solo? REALLY?! Piss off. Geez a fucking gnarly bassline.

Can't ever see myself buying this album. I've not bought a ticket for the tour, for the first time in years. I've just...gone off them. If I don't like their songs, I'm not going to pretend I'm still a Muse fan. I don't like this band. I loved the band that gave us those first 3 albums. This is now just shite. It's all Goldie Hawn's fault.

Now whilst you all mourn the loss of me, I'm going to go and listen to Showbiz, OOS and Absolution, weeping in a darkened room, rubbing myself with the CD sleeves.

Oh yeah because Forameus, Falling With The Crowd, Overdue, Fillip, Sober, Pink Ego Box, Nishe, Time is Running Out, Starlight, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, Exo-Politics, Crying Shame, Easily, Uprising, Resistance, Guiding Light, IBTY are all so much better than Survival, Unsustainable and Madness.

edit: my list could be much longer, though.

Oh yeah because Forameus, Falling With The Crowd, Overdue, Fillip, Sober, Pink Ego Box, Nishe, Time is Running Out, Starlight, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, Exo-Politics, Crying Shame, Easily, Uprising, Resistance, Guiding Light, IBTY are all so much better than Survival, Unsustainable and Madness.

Falling With the Crowd? Don't you mean Falling Away With You?

You lost me like half way through.

First of all, include the entire demo tape. Secondly, what is wrong with Soldier's Poem, Crying Shame, Easily, Uprising, IBTY? Not saying they are better but they aren't bad songs.

Nishe is just there. Chilling out.

Well, the first couple of extremely obscure Z-sides that you have listed there have been deemed by Muse themselves as not good enough to make it onto an album. And the rest of those songs I would say are in fact still better. Loads better. So aye.

I like these :$

Same.

You lost me like half way through.

First of all, include the entire demo tape. Secondly, what is wrong with Soldier's Poem, Crying Shame, Easily, Uprising, IBTY? Not saying they are better but they aren't bad songs.

Nishe is just there. Chilling out.

Who said those are bad songs (even if some of those are)?

Well, the first couple of extremely obscure Z-sides that you have listed there have been deemed by Muse themselves as not good enough to make it onto an album. And the rest of those songs I would say are in fact still better. Loads better. So aye.

Yeah, you have a degree in music, I can't argue with that.

Actually it's pretty easy. She has a degree in music, complains about the lack of musicality we've heard so far and then professes to prefer Guiding Light.

Well, bumpypotato, if that is your real name, I didn't complain about the lack of musicality. I complained about the lack of quality. Guiding Light has a bitchin' guitar solo. I'll take that.

Well, bumpypotato, if that is your real name, I didn't complain about the lack of musicality. I complained about the lack of quality. Guiding Light has a bitchin' guitar solo. I'll take that.

Firstly, yes that's my name. Not great, but better than Slipperypoo I guess. But what you actually said was;

Forgotten all their musical knowledge. It's like Hercules losing his strength.

And ware you implying the Survival solo's aren't badass?

Archived