800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Guest bellamylookalike
New Muse lyric. :eek:

You could use the touchpad if it gets bigger, if it's growing like the new born.

ooo, tenuous ;)

Seen some confusing about the lyrics, but I'm pretty sure Matt sings 'maybe you're too headstrong'.

Oh Wow!

Ten or fifteen minutes ago I would have agreed with you. I have been hearing that all along, and then suddenly I heard very clearly "maybe I'm too headstrong" and I thought "IT'S 'I'M', afterall I've been hearing it wrong". But then I listened again and it went back clearly to "you're" it stayed on "you're", I had to force it to be "I'm" by thinking of "I'm" in advance and when I did that I could hear "I'm" clearly.

It seemed like one of those perceptual visual l tricks when you see the old woman or the young woman or the boxes face in different directions depending on how you make yourself think.

Can you do that in music? I know someone thinks they have heard both layers at once. If they've done that on purpose I'm just slightly blown away! :awesome:

Especially with the use of the brain artwork. Wow! How fitting! :D

I mean before I listened to them. Like "Muse is trying new things, ok", but it didn't work.

Oh, ok. Sorry I'm in the middle of several text message conversations with my son etc. who have just set up camp at Reading, so I am being slow to reply.

I really struggle to like new songs, even Muse ones ;) How many listens have you given each song? I needed about 20 for Survival and now after at least 50 listens I adore it. I needed just a few for Unsustainable and I like it. Madness? Meh still after 15 or so, but it is starting to get better for me.

Oh Wow!

Ten or fifteen minutes ago I would have agreed with you. I have been hearing that all along, and then suddenly I heard very clearly "maybe I'm too headstrong" and I thought "IT'S I'M, afterall I've been hearing it wrong". But then I listened again and it went back to "you're" it stayed on you're, I had to force to be I'm by thinking of I'm in advance.

It seemed like one of those perceptual visual l tricks when you see the old woman or the young woman or the boxes face in different directions depending on how you make yourself think.

Can you do that in music? I know someone thinks they have heard both layers at once. If they've done that on purpose I'm just slightly blown away! :awesome:

Especially with the use of the brain artwork. Wow! How fitting! :D

Once again you're reading TOO FUCKING MUCH into it :chuckle:

I think it's "I'm", though.

The lyric.

What kind of relationship?

The awesome kind.

And yes, it can clearly be heard both ways, depending on what you're listening for.

I don't think it's intentional. I just don't think it's pronounced clearly enough, either way. That, at least, is pure Muse. ;)

edit* no insult intended there, it's just part of the way Matt sings. Operatic, changes pitch mid-word, etc. Part of what I love.

I did, however, think Exo pt1 was in another language for far too long...

The awesome kind.

And yes, it can clearly be heard both ways, depending on what you're listening for.

I don't think it's intentional. I just don't think it's pronounced clearly enough, either way.

But "you're" and "I'm" don't sound that alike but many people, myself included, are hearing what they hear clearly. Well I didn't feel like I was guessing when I heard "you're" initially. And now it's very distinct when I hear "I'm". Anyway it would be cool if they had done that, and I wouldn't put it past them..

But "you're" and "I'm" don't sound that alike but many people, myself included, are hearing what they hear clearly. Well I didn't feel like I was guessing when I heard "you're" initially. And now it's very distinct when I hear "I'm". Anyway it would be cool if they had done that, and I wouldn't put it past them..

It might just be me, then. When I heard it, it wasn't clearly either, and I had to go listen closely to try and figure it out.

I'm still not certain, just leaning towards the one I like better.

PS: we're talking about this because we're running out of things to talk about again, and it's more fun than arguing and complaining! :D

PPS: DAMNIT! Now I'm always going to mentally finish that stutter as "masturbation"... who put that in the tags?!?

'another just a chance to erase and then repeat it again'

You think they would get a proofreader, that doesn't even make sense :stunned:

You would think Bellamy would just read the fucking booklet himself.

Also, it's for sure "I'm too headstrong".

Archived