Is Save Me a Queen Cover  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is Save Me a Queen Cover

Be nice. I'm glad Bliss1205 has included the information in this appropriate thread, instead of lumping it into that pile of off-topic garbage known as "The 2nd Law discussion thread."

Uhm that's right, sorry Bliss :$

And c'mon, lately the album thread is quite on topic :LOL:

Uhm that's right, sorry Bliss :$

And c'mon, lately the album thread is quite on topic :LOL:

It can be every once in a while.

Back on topic. I'm really looking forward to this song, but I wonder if the lyrics will seem too personal or sensitive and it makes me skip it. :$ We'll see.

I'm really looking forward to this song, but I wonder if the lyrics will seem too personal or sensitive and it makes me skip it.

Probably not.

From my understanding, it's about the impact of addiction on relationships. Chris may have penned it based on personal experience, but I get the feeling the lyrics might be generic (read: not specific to just him) enough so that there will be some way to connect to it, even if you haven't had a similar experience.

TL,DR: The song is about interpersonal relationships. Muse do good songs about those.

I think it's amazing that after all these years he's finally written a song for his family after all they have been through. I'm going to respect it for that reason alone however cheesy :chuckle:

It's gonna be like the Barbapapa song where he tries to mention all his kids in one breath.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Barbapapa_-_English.html

I love how this thread started out with a possibility of it being a Queen cover and then it turns out it's a song by Chris.

If you look at it from a certain perspective, the lyrics to Save Me by Queen could reference Chris's taking to alcohol and how his family pulled him through, just as the NME article suggested. :chuckle:

I'm actually looking forward to hearing the two songs by Chris more than anything else on the album. I have a feeling they will be very good, or at a minimum, at least sincere and humanistic.

Songs about Matt fighting with his girlfriend and attempting to contemplate and/or place blame for the world's economic woes -- not really getting psyched about that I fear. :p

Songs about Matt fighting with his girlfriend and attempting to contemplate and/or place blame for the world's economic woes -- not really getting psyched about that I fear. :p

What makes fighting alcoholism more humanistic and sincere than fighting with your loved one?

I think people really underrate the emotional impact and devistation of personal relationships for some reason...

What makes fighting alcoholism more humanistic and sincere than fighting with your loved one?

I think people really underrate the emotional impact and devistation of personal relationships for some reason...

I see your point... but having an issue with alcohol to the point where you puke blood and having that kind of addiction is more interesting song-material, IMO. Not trying to underrate personal relationships, but a fight with your girlfriend isn't the same as puking blood on Christmas morning

I would add to that that singing about the woes of the world is imo probably the most humanistic thing there is. The themes and ideas in that area, are devastating. All the more so because there is quite a lot of truth to them.

I would add to that that singing about the woes of the world is imo probably the most humanistic thing there is. The themes and ideas in that area, are devastating. All the more so because there is quite a lot of truth to them.

Thing with the global issues lyrics is Matt usually ends up making them a bit too general and it results in a bit of bland. Kind of like the "us" and "them" stuff in The Resistance.

Although now it seems he's getting a bit more specific and telling bankers to kill themselves to we'll see how that turns out.

Archived