Is Save Me a Queen Cover  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is Save Me a Queen Cover

The song contains the word 'soul'. Chances of Matt covering it automatically increase.

In all seriousness though, the lyrics could fit with what the theme that the album seems to portray at the moment. Though I do doubt they'd go as far as to actually cover Queen.

The song contains the word 'soul'. Chances of Matt covering it automatically increase.

In all seriousness though, the lyrics could fit with what the theme that the album seems to portray at the moment. Though I do doubt they'd go as far as to actually cover Queen.

Hey, it could be worse...much worse

No, it's going to be a cover of the Smallville theme. I mean, the opening line is "I feel my wings have broken in your hands". Sounds like something Matt would appreciate, lyrically.

Just replace "wings" with "souls" and "hands" with "hearts" and we have a deal.

If Save Me is a cover of the Queen song, it would be thematically awkward between two songs that appear to refer to environmental or sci fi themes, if in fact they do, and if it is a concept album.

So whereas a look at the lyrics of Save Me made me think it could very well be a cover, now, seeing the tracklist, I am undecided.

Presumbly the tracklist has been given to us in the right order, though has the tracklist actually been confirmed officially anywhere other than the tweet?

Of course on The Resistance relationship songs were intermingled with politically themed songs so I suppose it is possible if the concept is not particularly strong or if the songs themselves have more than one interpretation.

I feel like there's too much of a theme to just slap on a cover. But who knows...I really hope not though!

I've heard covers on albums with pretty cohesive themes (Sepultura's inclusion of The Hunt by New Model Army on Chaos AD springs to mind) but I can't see Muse doing so.

Hmm, just occurred to me, if Big Freeze and Liquid State were references to emotional issues, as in Map of Your Head, Queen's Save Me wouldn't be thematically out of place, so could be.

With Muse's history, this album could have easily morphed from one promised by Matt, yonks ago, as a personal album, to one based on a kind of sci fi environmental apocalypse, :chuckle: though he also said it would be musically more intimate. Can't see that happening now somehow.

Hmm, just occurred to me, if Big Freeze and Liquid State were references to emotional issues, as in Map of Your Head, Queen's Save Me wouldn't be thematically out of place, so could be.

With Muse's history, this album could have easily morphed from one promised by Matt, yonks ago, as a personal album, to one based on a kind of sci fi environmental apocalypse, :chuckle: though he also said it would be musically more intimate. Can't see that happening now somehow.

But Big Freeze will no doubt refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Freeze this, I can't see it being personal :erm:

Archived