Is Save Me a Queen Cover  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Is Save Me a Queen Cover

I like it how Matt gets really interested about certain topics for each album. It brings more excitement to me for the band when songs are not just about love, relationships and partying. In fact if it wasn't for the resistance I probably wouldn't have read 1984 any time soon which I am now doing my dissertation on :happy:

And I get the idea that chris songs will be more stripped down which Is what ive always wanted for this album. I long for a song like screenager/unintended/endlessly. Saying that Matt will have nothing to do if the songs are too stripped back...maybe he will backing sing :LOL:

Thing with the global issues lyrics is Matt usually ends up making them a bit too general and it results in a bit of bland. Kind of like the "us" and "them" stuff in The Resistance.

Although now it seems he's getting a bit more specific and telling bankers to kill themselves to we'll see how that turns out.

Well I tend to join the dots, which is probably the intention. I don't think the songs are meant to be detailed political commentary, rather to touch on concepts and possibly get people thinking and talking. I suppose that is more difficult if you are not aware of the issues already but Matt often goes into more depth in interviews.

I would have to hear the bankers' line in context. I suppose it's not far on from fat cats having heart attacks. I have reservations about such lyrics, such as not being afraid to die etc. I wonder whether the intention is to be inflammatory, but I think it can sometimes destroy the overall message. Like for instance the not being afraid to die line coming in a song inspired by peaceful protest. Actually as much as it is a good thing to highlight the issues and record the anger, I doubt many people really want violent anarchy. We know how that ends up!

However, I agree with the overall gist of the songs. Better that, I think that not being political at all, which goes for the majority of artists.

I like it how Matt gets really interested about certain topics for each album. It brings more excitement to me for the band when songs are not just about love, relationships and partying. In fact if it wasn't for the resistance I probably wouldn't have read 1984 any time soon which I am now doing my dissertation on :happy:

And I get the idea that chris songs will be more stripped down which Is what ive always wanted for this album. I long for a song like screenager/unintended/endlessly. Saying that Matt will have nothing to do if the songs are too stripped back...maybe he will backing sing :LOL:

He will take a break at that point. :)

I love that Muse have encouraged you look into the background of the tracks. That's really what it's all about isn't it? If they spelt it out, it would become a bit boring I think. The joy is in investigating, making your own discoveries, and developing your own understanding of the issues.

He will take a break at that point. :)

I love that Muse have encouraged you look into the background of the tracks. That's really what it's all about isn't it? If they spelt it out, it would become a bit boring I think. The joy is in investigating, making your own discoveries, and developing your own understanding of the issues.

Matt said chris had written a piano song. Maybe he wrote one for Matt to play while he sings! I would love that :happy: like Gary Barlow and Mark Owen style :LOL: sorry no :$

Yep, the things I am looking forward to the most about all these interviews is Matt explaining in his crazy way that I never really understand, what he means by certain elements of the album. I love to see how genuinely interested he is in it all and it gets me interested too

Yep, the things I am looking forward to the most about all these interviews is Matt explaining in his crazy way that I never really understand, what he means by certain elements of the album. I love to see how genuinely interested he is in it all and it gets me interested too

I dunno. For me, Matt says TOO much. I like it better if I I'm really not 100% sure what the artist is talking about. My guess is that Matt is just too nice of a guy during interviews to simply dodge questions. It seems like he almost tries too hard to honestly answer questions. I believe that's what CE is about -- at least partially. I think Matt is trying way to hard to be literally narrative about his thoughts and analysis of subjects. I say More Word Salad, Please! It tastes better! :LOL:

Looking forward to Chris's stuff! :)

I dunno. For me, Matt says TOO much. I like it better if I I'm really not 100% sure what the artist is talking about. My guess is that Matt is just too nice of a guy during interviews to simply dodge questions. It seems like he almost tries too hard to honestly answer questions. I believe that's what CE is about -- at least partially. I think Matt is trying way to hard to be literally narrative about his thoughts and analysis of subjects. I say More Word Salad, Please! It tastes better! :LOL:

Looking forward to Chris's stuff! :)

I'm interested in your interpretation of CE. I've always thought it was do with the struggle of having to put over a particular persona in interviews. I think anyone in the music business (possibly more in the past with Muse now) have certain expectations loaded on them of how they should represent themselves.

Anyway off topic.

I like hearing full explanations. It never ends up 100% clear in any case.

Not sure why we're trying to speculate what Matt will be playing...

I'm not, I'm just reminding people that's it's easily plausible that he won't be playing guitar on the track. We might have another Hoodoo situation for all we know.

I reckon Chris will play guitar. There was a picture of him with one.

He could've just been working out the guitar part.

I'm not sure how well Matt could do with bass though, so if there is a change in setup there could also be a chance of a lead and rhythm.

Until then I'm just assuming standard setup.

He could've just been working out the guitar part.

I'm not sure how well Matt could do with bass though, so if there is a change in setup there could also be a chance of a lead and rhythm.

Until then I'm just assuming standard setup.

There was a picture of Dom with a bass!

We can't jump to conclusions, it's muse so literally anything could happen.

There was a picture of Dom with a bass!

We can't jump to conclusions, it's muse so literally anything could happen.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I think we can be sure that Dom won't play the bass :p.

And Chris could just have been playing for teh lols on that pic, so yeah, we know nothing.

I think it'll be the regular setup though.

Just something I was pondering: if Save Me's supposed to be about having a kid, and the last installment of Twilight is also supposed to be heavily about having a kid, do you think they'll continue with their affiliation with the franchise or do you suppose they're dropping that part of their musical career altogether?

Just something I was pondering: if Save Me's supposed to be about having a kid, and the last installment of Twilight is also supposed to be heavily about having a kid, do you think they'll continue with their affiliation with the franchise or do you suppose they're dropping that part of their musical career altogether?

Oh FFS.

Archived