How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Gonna redo the volume levels and mixing and reup real quick. Had family over in the room and didn't have my headphones on to get really picky haha.

New link:

Now if you could replace the hokey beginning piano bit and the "ah ah ah" choir with something more intense, you'd be on to something really :awesome:

Survival for T2L is like USoE for TR...

To me, not really. USoE was a bit lackluster, Survival builds up to a more proper ending. :awesome: (Not saying that USoE is a bad song though, don't get me wrong.) But if you're talking in terms of its position in the album then that has to wait till the album is out.

To me, not really. USoE was a bit lackluster, Survival builds up to a more proper ending. :awesome: (Not saying that USoE is a bad song though, don't get me wrong.) But if you're talking in terms of its position in the album then that has to wait till the album is out.

I agree.

I remember when USoE came out through the treasure hunt thing and I heard the intro break into the Queen bit I was shocked but after that the song kinda plateaus and shuts down at the Chopin outro (not that it's bad, I love that piece).

Survival starts with the IBTY bounce, builds up and ends on a proper note. Survival should be a lot more entertaining to watch live. Curious to see what improvs will go into this song.

Actually I'm curious to see the improvs for T2L considering there were hardly any for TR.

• 3 weeks later...
<3 can you find the olympics CD version on youtube?

I'll have a look

Edit: I give up, sorry. It's just like someone has sung the wrong note for the first 'hah' it's really weird :LOL:

Edit of the edit: since i'm off Ill today with a lot of free time I found out the first note is an f# instead of an F

Sorry I meant to say the Olympic closing ceremony cd. Which is the studio version. Except for the first note...

Is it? Haven't heard it but I was told that it was the performance from the closing ceremony? As in playback instruments but with live vocals.

This song is really terrible. I hope they don't actually plan on closing with it for the real tour, that'd be a letdown to end the show on it.

The lyrics are hilariously awful and his singing is just weird on it. On top of that, it tries SO hard to be "epic" and it just doesn't work. I feel like if any other band this out most people here would hate it. Really can't see how people like it.

Had potential too, starts off cool with the intro and the piano, but then goes way downhill. I hate that its even on the album, wish it was just a one-off for the Olympics.

Archived