100% agreed. This stuff always annoyed the shit out of me.

I have no time for fangirls. I just listen to the music, play the music on guitar, follow the news about upcoming albums and tours and such, and other normal things. I do not write 1000 page fanfictions about Matt fucking Dom or vice versa (where the shit did that even come from?), and I don't nose into their personal lives saying OMG KATE IS SOO NOT RIGHT FOR MATT HE SHUD STILL B WITH GAIA and attacking anyone who doesn't like Muse.

/rant

Amen!

I don't think being a fangirl means someone focuses on the band members' personal life more than the music.

I agree that's not all of it but being with 1D stalkers in school talking about each of the dudes heights and birthdays and not actually talk about their music makes a difference to me. I should have mentioned that's more for pop music because fangirls of alternative, rock, etc like the band for the music not just looks.

Sorry about real fan statement couldn't think of a better term

I do have my fangirl-ish moments, but the thing is, I fell in love with the music months before even bothering to look up their picture and when I did I said they looked American (??) and that was all. I had even watched the New Born and Feeling Good videos and didn't really care about what the boys looked like and who was the cutest one... :rolleyes:

Now, I probably would wait outside their tourbus to get a picture or an autograph for the reason that the probability of me meeting them more than once is slim....

Now but the girls on tumblr who are all about BellDom and tweet that stuff to them and inspect every picture for BellDom bullshit do piss me off. I know some people just have fun with it, and even though I don't like it, as long as they don't tweet Matt about how he should marry Dom, I'll tolerate it....

I do have my fangirl-ish moments, but the thing is, I fell in love with the music months before even bothering to look up their picture and when I did I said they looked American (??) and that was all. I had even watched the New Born and Feeling Good videos and didn't really care about what the boys looked like and who was the cutest one... :rolleyes:

Now, I probably would wait outside their tourbus to get a picture or an autograph for the reason that the probability of me meeting them more than once is slim....

Now but the girls on tumblr who are all about BellDom and tweet that stuff to them and inspect every picture for BellDom bullshit do piss me off. I know some people just have fun with it, and even though I don't like it, as long as they don't tweet Matt about how he should marry Dom, I'll tolerate it....

People actually tweet that to them? That's disconcerting. :erm:

Gosh, that makes us sound like weirdos. :rolleyes: But seriously. Can't you see at least a little how weird it is?

some people were being creeps in general and just tweeting obsessive, crazy shit, other stuff gave me second-hand embarrassment (WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BELLDOM DID YOU READ WICKED)... I guess the lads just take it with a laugh

The innocent Belldom stuff doesn't bother me at all. The guys have even played on it, on occasions, so I doubt they get freaked by it.

But the slash is another matter. I feel upset by the idea that Matt, and I say Matt with good reason, may have fallen on it, unawares. :(

Archived