:LOL: Yep indeed, fangirls should be proud :awesome:

Well not famous yet, but we definitely have a growing fanbase :D we've got 'likes' on facebook and everything!

How many likes before fandom?

I made a page about Ephraim The Retarded Rabbit and I'm around 150. Am I famous yet?

Edit: Woah 197. I'm probably as famous as Dom.

I don't like the way 'fangirl' has become synonymous with 'crazy' though. there's nothing wrong with enthusiasm, with singing at soundchecks and being so excited that you can't help but jump around and raise your voice, no matter how squeaky you are... I'm a bit past all that now because I'm old and jaded and these rock bands they all sounds the same these days don't they but there is such a thing as a healthy obsession. I've spent the best part of twenty years crying at gigs, trying to forget I had a body that had needs for 12 hours and sitting through rubbish bands so I could be on the barrier (and then, on one occasion, fainting on the way out, lmao), sleeping in bus stations after missing the last train because I had to hear the last song... even camping at festivals might be seen as obsessive by some. Yes, sometimes the obsession with the art does grow into an obsession with the artist, and even that's a healthy, human response to art; I guess you kind of view the artists as works of art themselves. And then the fans are inspired to create art themselves like pictures, fanfiction (lol) and music. It's all normal fangirly/boyish behaviour. It only gets weird (and probably borders on a personality disorder or something) if it stops being just a fun part of your life and takes over your entire being, and/or if you start getting too personal with the artists themselves, the same as it would be if you started getting too personal with any other person you don't really know that well.

yay for Gemsy. :D

I've gotta say (having joined today) that I was pretty hesitant exactly for that reason, like I love Muse like hell, fav band and all, but fangirls/boys scare me. I know enough about Muse to be content with and totally won't have an argument with someone who can't go one day without listening to them because they'll probably be right, and that's not always a good thing.

I've gotta say (having joined today) that I was pretty hesitant exactly for that reason, like I love Muse like hell, fav band and all, but fangirls/boys scare me. I know enough about Muse to be content with and totally won't have an argument with someone who can't go one day without listening to them because they'll probably be right, and that's not always a good thing.

If you wanted a place to talk about Muse with others in a constructive and mature (debatable :chuckle: ) manner without 'fangirling' you have come to the right place :yesey:

And wasn't there some groupie he had sex with, and when it was time for them to part, she started crying and threatening to kill herself? :stunned: People are nuts. I mean, that was even before OoS came out, and they weren't that good yet. :LOL:

Are you sure that's what he said? I thought he spoke about chatting to a girl who seemed totally cool and then went weird when it was time for him to leave.

Recounting what you have said here would make him sound rather callous, whatever.

Archived