well its a public park so the earliest you can queue is when it opens which on a weekend is about 8 or 9

What time does it open on a weekday? Presumably we can queue at the closed gates??

That's fine as I'll be getting a taxi :)

Ill b getting a taxi also...i dont want to run the risk of getting lost i looked at the bus route and was like i dont think so!!! Could b fun getting back to the city centre tho can the people hu didnt get the gig bus down get the gig bus back again?

Ill b getting a taxi also...i dont want to run the risk of getting lost i looked at the bus route and was like i dont think so!!! Could b fun getting back to the city centre tho can the people hu didnt get the gig bus down get the gig bus back again?

They will be return tickets as far as I know, so if you didn't get one on the way down, you won't be able to get on the bus on the way back. I may be wrong though, I live the other direction from Marlay and have never used the special buses, but they usually only have the ticket bus in the city centre.

I can't remember if they check tickets coming back. I know I bought a return when I was there. But I'm sure with the 1000s of people getting on these buses it won't be too organised and I'm sure you could blag your way on.

That's what I'm planning on doing.

I have to get the train up so i wont be in dublin until like 9 at the earliest!!:(

I will hopefully getting a taxi to get up there and be as close as possible to the front!:D

Which station are you getting the to? Don't you know anyone who works in Dublin that might be driving up earlier? Although, 9am is still pretty early to start queuing.

Which station are you getting the to? Don't you know anyone who works in Dublin that might be driving up earlier? Although, 9am is still pretty early to start queuing.

Seriously....ppl are gettin taxis at like 6am lol, im more than likely gonna b one of those ppl, campin out all day in what i hope will b an at least dry day, i wont say sunny cuz that could b pushin it judgin by the 'summer' were havin up here in belfast lol

Im coming up from the Arklow station.

What would be the best station to get off at and get a taxi?

I have never actually been to Marley park so i have no idea!

You should get the train all the way into town and then just get on a bus out to Marlay, it will be much cheaper. Look here for which one to get: http://www.dublinbus.ie

You are looking to get to Grange Road.:) Are you staying somewhere in town or what?

You should get the train all the way into town and then just get on a bus out to Marlay, it will be much cheaper. Look here for which one to get: http://www.dublinbus.ie

You are looking to get to Grange Road.:) Are you staying somewhere in town or what?

Thanks very much but how early would the bus run from i wanna be up there as early as possible.

All the way to Connolly?

Nah Im going up then coming home after the concert getting a lift back with my friend :D

Thanks very much but how early would the bus run from i wanna be up there as early as possible.

All the way to Connolly?

Nah Im going up then coming home after the concert getting a lift back with my friend :D

Well the special buses don't run till an hour before the gates open but there is a scheduled bus service that passes Marlay Park that runs from about 7.30-8 am. Really even though people are talking about queuing from 6am, these will be the minority of hardcore nutters (me included), most people won't be there till the afternoon.:D

Does it make any difference what gate you queue at cause theres 2?:LOL:

What gate do taxi's usually drop people off at?

Well, theres the car park entrance, and then another one off the main road where the buses go....I think :unsure:

Well the special buses don't run till an hour before the gates open but there is a scheduled bus service that passes Marlay Park that runs from about 7.30-8 am. Really even though people are talking about queuing from 6am, these will be the minority of hardcore nutters (me included), most people won't be there till the afternoon.:D

I would so love to do that if i was able!!!:(

Unfortunatly i dont have like 100 euro for a taxi from here to the park that early!

The earlier I'm there the happier i will be! :D

I'm gonna have to start making a plan type thing!:eek:

Archived