can anybody tell me do you need a passport to travel to dublin i've read on sites you can use a Full UK driving licence. travelling with ryanair aswell btw

you don't need a passport to enter the country but you do need one to fly on most airlines. i've found this out as i had to get a passport to go too. if you travel on the ferry, you could just show your driving licence.

can anybody tell me do you need a passport to travel to dublin i've read on sites you can use a Full UK driving licence. travelling with ryanair aswell btw

You'd be well advised to take your passport regardless of what Ryanair staff tell you over the phone (good luck with that by the way, they're not the easiest of companies to contact! :eek:).

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/europe/ireland?ta=entryRequirements&pg=4

You'd be well advised to take your passport regardless of what Ryanair staff tell you over the phone (good luck with that by the way, they're not the easiest of companies to contact! :eek:).

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/europe/ireland?ta=entryRequirements&pg=4

it says on there site that a full uk driving licence is valid ID and that should be okey. i need to send my form off to renew my passport and not sure how long they take to come. might go to airport and speak to someone from ryanair in person

it says on there site that a full uk driving licence is valid ID and that should be okey. i need to send my form off to renew my passport and not sure how long they take to come. might go to airport and speak to someone from ryanair in person

Obviously it's your choice ultimately but I personally wouldn't chance travelling without my passport just in case it's needed for any reason (either by Ryanair or by immigration officials in Ireland).

Quicker you apply for it, quicker you'll get it back. Worth applying ;)

Obviously it's your choice ultimately but I personally wouldn't chance travelling without my passport just in case it's needed for any reason (either by Ryanair or by immigration officials in Ireland).

Quicker you apply for it, quicker you'll get it back. Worth applying ;)

yeah true i'll have to get it in post next week hopefully shouldn't take to long to come back. i just presumed with it saying on the ryanair site i could use my driving licence that it would be okey some people i work with said they just took driving licence and was fine

from the ryanair site

For British and Irish citizens who are travelling on flights to/from the United Kingdom, to/from the Republic of Ireland (Common Travel Area), a valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID. Passengers who are citizens of other countries travelling on these routes must present a valid passport (with visa if applicable) or a National Identity Card issued either by the government of a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.

A valid driving licence with photo is acceptable photo ID for travel on domestic flights. (Please note that driving licences are not accepted when passengers are using online check-in)

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=pid&quest=photoid

Cool, more oldies for me to have a nice sit down and a cuppa with when the pit gets a bit too hectic for my weary old bones :LOL:;)

Just booked a new place to stay 'cos I cocked my original reservation up, and this place still has rooms on a discount rate if anyone is still looking -

http://www.imi.ie/TNS/info_article/accommodation.aspx

It's in a David Brent sounding management training centre/accomodation place, but it's a 15 minute walk from the park and at 60 odd euros inc. breakfast for 2 it's not too bad :)

Bus to Muse Marlay Park Dublin from Belfast. Please email johnmquigley@yahoo.com for details.

OH aye u wait till ive booked sumwhere for 3 days till u tell me this! lol

o well, this time next month woo

kinda dunno how im gonna get bk to dublin city centre from marlay tho :stunned: i like to have these things sorted before i end up bein lost and abandoned in the middle of nowhere :( dont suppose anyone else is near eden quay???

I'm booked in as well at the IMI, appreciate the link! Many thanks Mr Fox!

This trip including flights/gig ticket & hotel cost me £133, I'm chuffed considering the £110 con that I got & others back in April.

I'll be in that circle pit for sure & believe me there is going to be a rumble!! I can't wait! Kick Ass! Mo Fo's!

:LOL::LOL: Its gonna be a great few days alright!

Oh yes :D It sounds bloody great to say a month...then on Tuesday it's 4 weeks til we're all together, which sounds even bloody better! After that milestone, I reckon it'll zip by like lightning (I hope so, 'cause work have put me in my very least favourite department for the next two weeks, despite saying the other week at my appraisal that they'd try really hard not to put me in there ever again :mad:).

(I hope so, 'cause work have put me in my very least favourite department for the next two weeks, despite saying the other week at my appraisal that they'd try really hard not to put me in there ever again :mad:).

Bastards! Can't wait squeeeeee!:LOL:

Archived