sadly they never have and probably never plan to play it :/

Precisely why I said that, lol.

Ooookay I have no idea how I'm getting to Marlay Park and I'm only considering this now, as well as getting a place to stay, lol.

Anyone able to help? I'm getting there by train from Belfast, so a site where I can find a bus from a train station to Marlay Park would be rather nice...

Edit: The tags made me lol. I'd go mad if they played Darkshines though.

Precisely why I said that, lol.

Ooookay I have no idea how I'm getting to Marlay Park and I'm only considering this now, as well as getting a place to stay, lol.

Anyone able to help? I'm getting there by train from Belfast, so a site where I can find a bus from a train station to Marlay Park would be rather nice...

Edit: The tags made me lol. I'd go mad if they played Darkshines though.

You will have no problem getting to Marlay from the city centre, as there a couple of regular buses as well as special return buses put on just for the gig.Where does the train leave you, Connolly or Heuston?

http://www.dublinbus.ie

You will have no problem getting to Marlay from the city centre, as there a couple of regular buses as well as special return buses put on just for the gig.Where does the train leave you, Connolly or Heuston?

http://www.dublinbus.ie

Ah, this is helpful, thank you! It looks like it will have to be Connolly train station, doesn't seem to be trains available here that go to Heuston.

I also need to know a bit about the accomodation available (I know some places have been booked out) and how near they are to Marlay Park or alternatively the train station itself I guess...

How many miles/how long it takes from centre to Marlay would be helpful.

Any hands?

Ah, this is helpful, thank you! It looks like it will have to be Connolly train station, doesn't seem to be trains available here that go to Heuston.

I also need to know a bit about the accomodation available (I know some places have been booked out) and how near they are to Marlay Park or alternatively the train station itself I guess...

How many miles/how long it takes from centre to Marlay would be helpful.

Any hands?

You are much better off staying in the city centre, Marlay Park is out in the suburbs of south county Dublin and not really near anywhere. Connolly is about a 10 minute walk to where the special buses will go from and it will probably take about 30-40 minutes to the gig depending on traffic.

You are much better off staying in the city centre, Marlay Park is out in the suburbs of south county Dublin and not really near anywhere. Connolly is about a 10 minute walk to where the special buses will go from and it will probably take about 30-40 minutes to the gig depending on traffic.

Ah, thank you..now, accomodation, anyone got a list/directory/whatever of hotels in the city centre handy?

Are you male or female (and before you say look at your profile pic it may not be a pic of you ;))? I do have a reason for asking!

Ah I see, well thats the end of that.

Fraid so :( To be honest it wouldn't have bothered me, I've got a 19 year old son so I'm not scared of teenage boys! :p I don't think my 17 year old daughter and her friend would have been too happy with me if I'd given you the bed though! :eek::D

Fraid so :( To be honest it wouldn't have bothered me, I've got a 19 year old son so I'm not scared of teenage boys! :p I don't think my 17 year old daughter and her friend would have been too happy with me if I'd given you the bed though! :eek::D

I probably would be though...GIGGITY GOOZARZ!

I kid, rofl.

Me and my mum are staying at the Four Courts Hostel, merchants Quay.

She wants know if any other mums are going, and if anyone else is staying here? Cos we're not sure how to get to the event. Is there any chance we could meet up anyone on the morning? Cheers :D

there's going to be a huge amount of people going to the gig from around the same area, so i assume that it'll be pretty easy to tag along with people

there's buses and taxis as well, although im not to hot on these, but others are...ill see if i can find the info they posted.

She wants know if any other mums are going, and if anyone else is staying here? Cos we're not sure how to get to the event. Is there any chance we could meet up anyone on the morning? Cheers :D

Well I'm a Mum (and a Muse fan in my own right :yesey:) and I'm going with my 17 year old Daughter and her friend. We're getting a taxi at 6am on gig day from Barnacles. I think that's how most will be travelling to MP if going early.

There are ordinary scheduled buses that pass right by Marlay Park as well as special return buses just for the gig. You can check it out here: http://www.dublintourist.com/details/marlay_park.shtml

And even though I am a mum, I don't know if I will be what your mum is looking for as I expect to be in the middle of whatever chaos and mayhem is planned for the gig!:LOL:

Archived