Human Gear Animato

Allex

It'll end up as such a thing Muse setup. Which reminds me, a particular YouTuber got back to me. Should be an interesting video.Shame I don't have the time to build either, I'm still getting requests.

Also, Voskhod. Let me know. The only Big Muff pedal I have actually regretted letting go and I still haven't bothered making one for myself again :'(

I can already say it sounds huge. Shame I don't have a proper amp to use it with, but dang, it's beefy!

Thinking about a setup in which I use the voshkod as a stronger fuzz sound, and the bass big muff as a milder edge to my sound. Don't know where that will leave the mammoth though...

yeh, I've been jamming with this guy who wanted to tune down. I totally forgot and turned up in standard, so I re-tuned but I need to tweak the truss rod and re-do the intonation

anyway, I'm using the animato loads, especially when recording other bands. It's ace for a mental lead guitar sound, and then when recording bass, I take a clean DI from my BDI21, and then run a duplicate through the animato into a guitar amp, and it's filthy!

• 2 weeks later...

Gerd damn it, I said the Bitmap would be a bit more complex. This is what happens when you include a relay switching system as well as a 4x buffered clean blend and a polarity protection system using trannies.

qYqPj74.png

Still have to bloody double check it all too. Derp.

• 1 month later...

Ugh I'm so far off the pace with getting prototypes made. Although right now I'm fairly pissed off with tayda/Thailand post taking an age to deliver parts. They've been sitting in the uk for like a week now. I bet its their way of being all jealous and bitter about being shit at rugby. :LOL:

I bet my Tayda order I made yesterday will arrive on Thursday. They're always quick for me.

I didn't realise that you could edit the libraries so easily in Eagle. Here I was aligning text by hand :facepalm: Next board will be made today out of boredom. :LOL:

Yeah I'm sticking with padboard for now. Although because I'm now stuck with dpdt switches, I have to revise the board for two millennium bypass controls. I'm not sure about led options on this. Its very tight so its either squeeze them in beside the switches or under the vent so the tube fakeglows when active. Thoughts?

I'd go for the fake glow if there is room for wankery but that's me. I admit I've never used DPDT's and millennium bypass.

Meanwhile... I'm loving two layer PCB's a lot. Was able to throw in a clean blend, tilt mod and switch to change caps into the 1590B enclosure. That was some serious effort. I did the autorouter for lolz, the best it came up with was 48 vias. I have 2 and I'm upset :LOL:

11073330_945229328845193_9216089005980507353_n.jpg?oh=a39731a977891beea7250a2c429a07b0&oe=55A39559&__gda__=1438227463_8b2c9daae5f7bbc7e8509fee2a4bd223

I'd go for the fake glow if there is room for wankery but that's me. I admit I've never used DPDT's and millennium bypass.

Meanwhile... I'm loving two layer PCB's a lot. Was able to throw in a clean blend, tilt mod and switch to change caps into the 1590B enclosure. That was some serious effort. I did the autorouter for lolz, the best it came up with was 48 vias. I have 2 and I'm upset :LOL:

11073330_945229328845193_9216089005980507353_n.jpg?oh=a39731a977891beea7250a2c429a07b0&oe=55A39559&__gda__=1438227463_8b2c9daae5f7bbc7e8509fee2a4bd223

Tidy.

Put me down for one when the pcb is available.

Millennium bypass is cool, and ties up almost no space. You can get daughter boards for them quite easily, but really 3pdt switches are so cheap is it worth the hassle?

I think those PCB's will run out fast. Done and done.

Jaicen, I made a 3PDT board also to compliment and help the wiring. I get the 3PDT's so cheap in bulk now. I did make a relay switching system which used a momentary SPST but it takes too much room. Worked nicely though.

The space issue mainly comes from the jacks. Everything fits nicely and quite tidy.