Human Gear Animato

Allex

i_hug_that_feel.png?1318992465

You going to start troubleshooting then? That's where the fun starts in every pedal build :facepalm:

I'm going to try :( The PCB is so fucking small it could be anything :rolleyes:

Edit: Changed a wire on the output jack. There's now sound when engaged and disengaged. The volume pot works, but nothing else as of yet.

Edited by Dave

Hmm. Is the LED resistor connected to the 9V rail on the board or separate?

The clean sound by volume suggests that there is something shorting. First off, get an old toothbrush and just gently clean the solder side of the board. That'll help remove any invisible solder traces that can pop up.

Next thing to do would be to get a multimeter and check some voltages.

- Anything on the power rail should be 9V

- Ground should be 0.

- The 2SC2240's should have a base voltage that is ~0.4 to 0.7V higher than the emitter. The emitter is not 0V either.

Those three should be a quick guide for now.

I also feel really bad. I want to get the next prototype (which will be the actual release I believe) up and running but I've been doing +10 hour days at work whilst being completely understaffed. My life.

Edited by Crowella

Hmm. Is the LED resistor connected to the 9V rail on the board or separate?

The clean sound by volume suggests that there is something shorting. First off, get an old toothbrush and just gently clean the solder side of the board. That'll help remove any invisible solder traces that can pop up.

Next thing to do would be to get a multimeter and check some voltages.

- Anything on the power rail should be 9V

- Ground should be 0.

- The 2SC2240's should have a base voltage that is ~0.4 to 0.7V higher than the emitter. The emitter is not 0V either.

Those three should be a quick guide for now.

I also feel really bad. I want to get the next prototype (which will be the actual release I believe) up and running but I've been doing +10 hour days at work whilst being completely understaffed. My life.

I'll be picking up a magnifying glass tomorrow to check for shorting so I;ll check it then! Thanks :D

attempting to get a rough translation of the instructions that came with the animato

Is a distortion with a very pleasant strain. Animato is wild manner, is also a smoothly. In other words think the break to be able to be variable range to adapt to very widely many Rakukoboshi. However, it is not a high hurdle. The highest / "Doru is whether beauty and the attack of Ton is firmly out. What distortion of wonder do you? It intends and saying it will be the subject of most of the interest. Simply put it comfortably Akigako are summarized and this lack. typically, rats called distortion (OLD) has a good distortion but becomes thinner tone. Additionally, strain cloudy found in many things, and fools distortion that can not bear to hear collapsed, and these things Animato is completely unrelated. in Muro N some point have something also unique these things there be quite useful. Anima DOO is a unique if asked if it is no. However, in this tone to come marked. variable range is wide fixture attack that said that's ideal Dist over Activation sound for me, surely react to VOLUME of guitar. smooth taper VOLUME it is possible to give a more smooth intonation as long as you have change. di, while it was and is metallic be used in Stow Activation fully open even texture and contour the without Rukoto borrowed the power of amplifier distortion with pitch not lost to provide.

The part about the magic switch makes even less sense. What was the purpose of that again? It just does some octave effect?

It's getting praise left, right and center so I'm stoked :D . I might have to go into the music shop today with the prototype and let them see it. The guys at the localish shop said they've wanted to hear a good bass distortion.

A guy on TB did a demo of his. Sounds so thrashy. Freaking love it. I'm using mine to do a Royal Blood style sound since it gets a very nice guitarish tone. Once you look past the Muse style tones you can edge a bit out of it.

I'm using mine to do a Royal Blood style sound since it gets a very nice guitarish tone. Once you look past the Muse style tones you can edge a bit out of it.

For the bass sound or are you using it on an octave up sound as well?

I need to try that. I thought the distortion on the fender super sonic was pretty much spot on, but he does have at least three different sounds for 'fake guitar'

my top secret signature bass amp is completed, so I can finally have some fun with these peddles.