Human Gear Animato

Allex

Ordered the cases last night. Had so many conversations with metallurgists, digital designers and printers, all saying I should order the same cases. They are pricey but damn they are good. Fingers crossed the knobs I am getting match the quality.

Scary to think the actual cost of this too.

Similar to the last batch, yes. I just had a minor correction on the LED placement and label placement so it looks better spaced, as well as added the polarity symbol for the DC jack for safety, etc. The knobs are different but still a metallic finish but that had to do with a tolerance issue I had with a majority of the last one. Of course, if this knob order I get in is a complete disaster, I have the trigger ready to get the old ones.

Just go to my site and email me. I'll allow for pre-order's tomorrow when I write my email out to people who are on the email list. I just wanted to get it to a point where I have paid for pretty much everything and have a better timeframe for release before asking for people to pay, in the event that there was any issues, I can refund people right away.

Edited by Crowella

• 2 weeks later...

Probably $299AUD at this rate, not entirely sure. I'll see how this next batch goes before deciding any prices.

I had to do the voskhod also because I mentioned it in a blog update and I already had emails for people asking. Matthijs has one already, basically just a Russian BMP, just a touch darker.

And Neil, that's why I prefer UV printers, also for dat feel. The printer I used caused a bit of bleed and there was some shrinking overall also with the slide decals.

Yeah I got some bleed from the stencils cos I had the feed level a bit too high on the printer. Still, not too bad, the bleed is kinda nice. The guy I built it for said "it makes it look more authentic." He's planning on gigging with it early in May. Awesome!

Another picture. Freaking hell DHL are fast. The slowest part was from Sydney to my house. It's so surreal seeing my pedals in much better packaging. Tighest squeeze, maybe next time I'll get small cutouts for the jacks but it is most certainly a secure fit, which is what I wanted.

The picture gives it little justice but it's so nice to have.

11159966_10155539493825122_3796096669437727882_n.jpg?oh=a88227df1696e07a349f323051867107&oe=55AE335F&__gda__=1437654688_8801e7fb5cb6a15183e7079fd9166d5f

:ninja:

11149443_10155551805080122_5018289703136757231_n.jpg?oh=d66f8ad3364cc80efb6deb7c47baa555&oe=55A37549

Also, got Voskhod up and running. Holy fucking shitballs. I made two mistakes on the PCB but they were just print errors. I need new pants. Still no idea why I flipped the original right away. :O

Edited by Crowella

:ninja:

11149443_10155551805080122_5018289703136757231_n.jpg?oh=d66f8ad3364cc80efb6deb7c47baa555&oe=55A37549

Also, got Voskhod up and running. Holy fucking shitballs. I made two mistakes on the PCB but they were just print errors. I need new pants. Still no idea why I flipped the original right away. :O

Clips or it didnt happen

I feel special now.

So you should.

I, as well as my phone are too f'd up to record (legit). I'll get some recordings up soon. Right now the Voskhod is laying on my floor in a bit of a mess, again thanks to my stuff up on the silkscreen.

I'll try and dig up what I did. I did forget to add a diode back across the relay.

If you're going for clickless, do you mean as in the physical switch? The relay will make some noise. If you want none, go the momentary SPST and CMOS route. I chose to use a latching relay so that when power is cut it goes to bypass mode, which is actually a really awesome idea. Granted, it wasn't the best way to do it because I recall I had to choose the LED I used carefully.

Hmmm.... The problem is that its for a spring reverb. Bonus unfortunate part is that the only place I can really mount the spring tank internally will be on the same side of the box as the switches. So I'm trying to find an option for the two switches that will be quiet. One switch is for the bypass, and the other is part of a feedback loop.

• 1 month later...

I had to do the voskhod also because I mentioned it in a blog update and I already had emails for people asking. Matthijs has one already, basically just a Russian BMP, just a touch darker.

Can I have one too?

and what happened to your website?

• 3 months later...