Human Gear Animato

Allex

I have them ordered now. I got all the components from one website which is very handy. Even if they charge me separate postage for ordering the transistors separately it'll all still come in at less than €50, which for a €500 pedal isn't bad.

Yus! That's what I want to hear, people building these things. Give me a break from them :p

When you build it, you shouldn't need to adjust the trimpot too far. I think with what you have, it'll only need to be about half way, maybe even slightly lower. It has so much gain you don't need to go overboard with it. Do you have an LS-2 by the way or some other blend? Also, what size case are you using and are you including that switch? Not that there's any need, I just couldn't justify something that does so little.

In terms of my builds, cases are arriving today but I can't do anything with them today since I have a dentist appointment around the time they come to my home and we've had to cancel our gig/change to a new singer and that process is fucking around with us so much and involved recording three songs in one afternoon, of which, only one was partially finished before doing so.

Mammoth electronics. They take about 3 weeks plus shipping. They are roughly ~$17 a box. Quality wise, the paint is fantastic, decals look beautiful, drilling is okay but not perfect.

Also, the power and switch may require washers. The power is such a damn tight fit because of that dual pot.

Exactly, it's a pretty decent price for something that is far better than I can do at the moment.

As I said though, the drilling... Hmm. I'm not sure what the go was there as my measurements were spot on with the image. Anyway, I'd like to be able to do this finish at home though because I truly am intrigued by it. I believe they are silk screened judging by the texture. The sparkle is beautiful and that wasn't asked for, that's also sparkle on the black.

I do have to get some washers tomorrow, probably have to drill them and polish them too for the power jack and the switch. The standard nuts just show a tiny bit of the drilling hole. The tolerances are damn fine too for the way I laid it out. Next ones like that will have to have the power jack over one of the other pots so it'll be offset.

A reverb will be cool. I don't like the Belton bricks though. I always find them to sound like slapback delay (they are just 3 PT2399's apparently)

I'm going to try the Spin FV-1 route with some programming. I told my guitarists I would name two presets after them if I do that. Shame they won't use it, they're moving to AxeFx's and I don't blame them, the one tonight sounded amazing.

well I've ordered 3 "reverb" units. A full size MOD reverb tank, one of the accutronics little blue plastic reverb tanks, and one of those belton ones. The plan is to use an ALMOST identical drive/recovery circuit, only making ammendments to account for input/output impedance, and then test the results side by side. I also like the feedback control you occasionally see on reverbs. So I guess the plan is to have controls for Gain, Tone, Feedback and Output. Keep it fairy simple I think.

Yus! That's what I want to hear, people building these things. Give me a break from them :p

When you build it, you shouldn't need to adjust the trimpot too far. I think with what you have, it'll only need to be about half way, maybe even slightly lower. It has so much gain you don't need to go overboard with it. Do you have an LS-2 by the way or some other blend? Also, what size case are you using and are you including that switch? Not that there's any need, I just couldn't justify something that does so little.

I do have an LS-2. My enclosure is 111x60x31mm (picture down below). I'm not adding the normal switch, I don't see the need. Although I am adding a switch to change between stock and steroid big-muff setting.

27134_3P.jpg

I always wonder when people use that phrase. "It's like songs of praise on steroids!" gonna be honest, doesn't have me sold.

As far as muff mods go, none of them really make me sit up and go oh that sounds pretty nifty! The closest I ever got to some sort of a mod that I actually thought was useful was a variation of the wicker switch. Some of the older muffs used up to 3.3uF caps in series with the clipping diodes. The Wicker switch uses 4066 IC to change the values of the 3 x caps that are across the first three gain stages. They change from 27p, 1uF and 2.2uF respectively, to 247p, 1.5u and 2.75u. I had a little playing around with this, and you can get more of an impact off the wicker switch by making that jump bigger, more like the old versions with bigger caps. Those caps have a huge impact on the overall sound of the muff. My personal favorite setup was to go 1u, 0.1, 0.1. Something along those lines would be the mod I'd make.

That and just make a black russian muff more gainy.

/otpermaban

Number one is done. Quite a few more to do.

Dave, a quick tip with the silicon. the 100k resistor before the pair, change that to a 220k and set the trimpot pretty low. You'll match the sound damn close with that. I think that has to do with the base voltage having to be lower for germanium. Not quite sure.

Number one is done. Quite a few more to do.

Dave, a quick tip with the silicon. the 100k resistor before the pair, change that to a 220k and set the trimpot pretty low. You'll match the sound damn close with that. I think that has to do with the base voltage having to be lower for germanium. Not quite sure.

I just saw the email with the serial number and wondered if that was the case :ninja:

Not sure how long it will take to arrive, but hopefully I'll have my bass amp by then

Usual delivery according to Aus Post is 3-10 days for US and European orders. Granted that it is holidays and from what I've learned from making these, it could be the US end that is really, really slow. Most stuff I have sent leaves the country within two days because I apparently live in a metropolitan area (phew). One day they'll just claim my area to be part of Sydney and be done with it.

Another photo.

GJzhzTY.jpg

Gggggut shot! James, I'll admit yours is slightly different. Yours ended up being the guinea pig for the standoffs. I ditched them. They hold in the enclosures really snug. Just consider the drilled hole extra mojo and an apologetic me.

10858608_10155012104120122_1512636371706177749_n.jpg?oh=ef954f2212b11bd582b62344bc551656&oe=550621BB&__gda__=1426495488_4ac4683e831ebbf48ea4603bf3c2d018

oh, what's this, james more important than chedda?!

Shipping/making them in payment order. I can only churn out so many a day. I finished three today but only got one to the post office. The second and third are now boxed up.

Also, package! They're being shipped in padded bags which I am praying hold up okay. I have not had issues with them before. The pedals are all bubble wrapped anyway.

6XPXXxd.jpg

It looks really professional, like a sleek website or something. Refreshing change from all the hand painted bullshit sitting on my pedal shelves.

Shipping/making them in payment order

I thought you'd be doing them in order of the coolest customers IE Cheddatom #1

Usual delivery according to Aus Post is 3-10 days for US and European orders. Granted that it is holidays and from what I've learned from making these, it could be the US end that is really, really slow. Most stuff I have sent leaves the country within two days because I apparently live in a metropolitan area (phew). One day they'll just claim my area to be part of Sydney and be done with it.

Another photo.

GJzhzTY.jpg

Gggggut shot! James, I'll admit yours is slightly different. Yours ended up being the guinea pig for the standoffs. I ditched them. They hold in the enclosures really snug. Just consider the drilled hole extra mojo and an apologetic me.

10858608_10155012104120122_1512636371706177749_n.jpg?oh=ef954f2212b11bd582b62344bc551656&oe=550621BB&__gda__=1426495488_4ac4683e831ebbf48ea4603bf3c2d018

Shipping/making them in payment order. I can only churn out so many a day. I finished three today but only got one to the post office. The second and third are now boxed up.

Also, package! They're being shipped in padded bags which I am praying hold up okay. I have not had issues with them before. The pedals are all bubble wrapped anyway.

6XPXXxd.jpg

damn that looks legit

Matthijs, what is this other pedal you speak of? :ninja:

Don't feel the need to ship mine asap, need to talk about another pedal... :shifty:

:ninja: Voskhod? Yeah, just hit me up and I'll send whatever together. Whatever it is, I am really dying to try the laser etched PC Boards. I just feel defeated by the fact that I have a long way to go before making enclosure finishes so good. :LOL:

Was about to send two out this morning. I hadn't been paid from work yet. :LOL: Maybe later today.

Also, might up the number of builds to 26 if I can keep the spare enclosures. The last one will just be a rehousing of my prototype which now sounds worse than the new builds. :p