Human Gear Animato

Allex

:-O My ears are burning.

Thanks. I have made my 50th too on that note. Time to find those germs and work on the next batch. Might look for a new few things too.

Are you trying to find the exact ones that were used in the original? (I can't remember if you managed to identify those)

Yep, or if that fails, as close as I can get.

One person who was asking for a germanium version told me he was able to talk to the rep for the European sales. Apparently the production has slowed down because Human Gear can't source the parts easily (NTE102/NTE103). I confirmed this.

One of my roommates in Uni has an animated!

Not going to guess who because I've sold a ton to the UK. :p Love to know what they think.

This is getting crazy. Tim's was #50. This means by my guesswork, I've sold about 1/8th of what the originals have... Sheeeit.

Edited by Crowella

Not going to guess who because I've sold a ton to the UK. :p Love to know what they think.

This is getting crazy. Tim's was #50. This means by my guesswork, I've sold about 1/8th of what the originals have... Sheeeit.

He is from Ireland, so I imagine that'll narrow it down :LOL: I'll ask him to bring it up some week so I actually hear one. My attempt at making on never really worked. Although I plan on salvaging the parts and trying again sometime.

What serial was your original one? I've got 379, but I'm guessing yours might have been higher, since it was newer and came directly from Japan as well

Have you done any changes since the first ones? and what became of the version with the clean blend?

Mine is 373. I would guess it was sitting on the shelves for a while.

The second ones only use one transistor now. It's closer to the tone however I noticed with the hottest of basses, it becomes a bit muddier.

The clean blend led to a lot of feedback. I figured I need to add another buffer and that's sorted. I didn't like the tilt either. Did do a bass booster after the pedal and it seems to do the trick. Basically, whenever I get a moment to work on it, I will. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0JM_Y7qgAg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I think he was having server issues?

But if he is, the information is all in the public domain isn't it? I guess you could just get the schem and build a clone.

There's another guy who makes them on Talk Bass. He uses Crowellas schematic. I got one off there. Thinking about unloading it though because I basically matched it in the Axe-FX.

The Animated or someone else's clone?

If it's the animated, you're going to be impressed.

Yup the animated.

I'm moving to bass for a bit, my bassist lent me his actual animato and i've fallen in love with it. So i wanted one, but its just a wee bit hard to find one.

James, do you remember that wooden animato "clone" that i gave you years ago?

Did you ever figure out what it actually was??

You mean that one with the plastic grey enclosure?

We tried to. Supposedly it was a modified rat of some kind (which is what everyone thought the animato was at first)

I think I sold it to iwantamanson, but I can't remember.

It turned out to be a Rangemaster boosting a Big Muff, right?

The original was something along those lines. Scott is referring to this #dodgy animato clone I bought from him back in 2012. Looked like a one off homemade thing.

From what the comments on the old pictures (now gone) said, it was a boost (or possibly a fuzz face type circuit) with a "stupidly overcomplicated" filter of some sort.

From what I remember (and I didn't have a bass at the time) it wasn't all that usable (not that the animato is the most usable pedal anyway)

For what it's worth, Pear drew up about 70% of the circuit based on some pictures I took without taking it apart. Probably not accurate.

SqVwZ.jpg