james90

Hey Impulse, you still here?

I got my bassman today - here's a gut picture

IMG_0855.jpg

Auction says "compare the asking price to another used bassman on that might a cap job, and new tubes and see you can come out ahead"

But that doesn't necessarily mean it's functioning properly. Loud background hum and crackling. Also, it's got one other issue, which I described to my tech

His response was "oh boy" :stunned:

That's one of the abxxx versions, correct? Blackfaces are cool but not crazy collectable yet. If the xformer is bad you're going to have to spend a lot of cash, if not it shouldn't be too bad. If you want to go crazy add a loop.

Take a shot of the other side of the chassis, without the cap tray on it.

How many Manson's do you own now?

JT

That's one of the abxxx versions, correct? Blackfaces are cool but not crazy collectable yet. If the xformer is bad you're going to have to spend a lot of cash, if not it shouldn't be too bad. If you want to go crazy add a loop.

Take a shot of the other side of the chassis, without the cap tray on it.

How many Manson's do you own now?

JT

AB165

The thing is, I'm not actually sure if the transformers are original...only reason I'm suspicious is because the PT looks a bit different than others I've seen, and one of the bell covers on the OT is a bit shiny compared to the other.

But the solder joints where they're connected look untouched, so that's probably better at telling whether they're stock or not.

I imagine the problem is either from the maintenance the previous owner did on it or an old part which could've drifted. Other problem I mentioned was the bias... one socket is reading around the average 30mA, and the other is reading close to 100mA

and as of now... I don't know which ones count, but I'm not sure if I should say.

Between 8 and 11

I've also got a custom being built (which is the first true custom I've got from them believe it or not - the rest were already built) which should be done sometime soon.

Has the rust relic got an MBK3 in it now? If not, could be a good move.

Lovely collection :D

Thanks, and nah it still has the rio grandes. I don't think I'll switch them to be honest, for the same reason rust_relic didn't.

Only things that have been changed since MattB had it are the added fret dots (which really isn't that big a deal in my opinion, plus I think it works well) and the FF switch as well as a few wires.

It doesn't sound bad or anything, though the MBKs are definitely better.

Nice try, James, but the Rust Relic doesn't have fret dots. Good replica though.......Ah, who am I kidding?! :(

Seriously though James, do you just have one strap that you swap between all your guitars? :LOL:

It's a cardboard cutout

n519402618_1399654_9891.jpg

n519402618_1399655_276.jpg

And no, I have a few straps I use, none of which are Manson straps :facepalm:

Thanks, and nah it still has the rio grandes. I don't think I'll switch them to be honest, for the same reason rust_relic didn't.

Only things that have been changed since MattB had it are the added fret dots (which really isn't that big a deal in my opinion, plus I think it works well) and the FF switch as well as a few wires.

It doesn't sound bad or anything, though the MBKs are definitely better.

It's a cardboard cutout

n519402618_1399654_9891.jpg

n519402618_1399655_276.jpg

And no, I have a few straps I use, none of which are Manson straps :facepalm:

My whole life is a lie :'(

Yeah, though it's closer to 8 (not that it makes a big difference)

Jim told me a while back how Hugh is a little suspicious of how many I have :facepalm: I did sell two of them a while back (sunburst classic T and stealth bomber)

"suspicious"? What could you be doing with all these mansons that could be malicious?

Guest Batman.
"suspicious"? What could you be doing with all these mansons that could be malicious?

Selling them on for a higher price, possibly? I don't know either.

Or he's joking :LOL: