james90

Only really posting this as I promised my new best friend Phill I would

:)

body_close.jpg

have to say i like it a lot more than the other one, and as much as I hate to say it... if you played this and the "magic" tele blindfolded, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart :stunned:

Also Phill, I didn't realize before, but it has a 4 way switch. I wish I knew what the pickups are... they sound really nice. Wouldn't be surprised if they're brown sugars.

Wood is sexy.

Also a bit more of the finish chipped off Reject earlier. Can I sell it on as roadworn now?

Relic'd

you can't put a price on the reject though, can you?

She's a beauty James !!

Thanks

Still not sure if I'm going to change anything though. Is it possible to change the cover on the neck pickup? I know you replaced yours completely with an open coil

Starting to wonder if someone rewired it at some point, as the electronics are actually better than what the magic tele (and most of the others) has.

Relic'd

you can't put a price on the reject though, can you?

Thanks

Still not sure if I'm going to change anything though. Is it possible to change the cover on the neck pickup? I know you replaced yours completely with an open coil

Starting to wonder if someone rewired it at some point, as the electronics are actually better than what the magic tele (and most of the others) has.

I would imagine it's possible, not sure if they'd be any wax potting required or anything like that. I guess you unsolder where the cover is grounded and then prize it off.

Again, an update on my pedalboard. Had a gig last night and didn't have my own amp with me, they assured me there would be some decent amps, but I ended up with a Marshall AVT, wasn't too happy with it.

Anyway, I decided I really wanted to have my fuzz with me at all times (it used to be in my Marshall JVM's effects loop), so I made space (I'm surprised it all fits and that I still have room for duckie!)

imag0378bv.jpg

God, I freakin' love the Phase 90 > Micro POG > Lil' Big Muff sound :D I recommend that everyone should at least try that sort of thing.

So its an envelope filter?

Interdasting

Yeah, more or less, though I have yet to find good use for it. You see, it only works when you kick it real hard and then it still only produces a very weak signal, it's quite the tone sucker too.

Yeah, more or less, though I have yet to find good use for it. You see, it only works when you kick it real hard and then it still only produces a very weak signal, it's quite the tone sucker too.

Don't you mean a very beak signal :awesome:

Don't you mean a very beak signal :awesome:

:awesome: maaaaaaaybe.

Thanks Lord MFC, it was quite a b*tch to get it set up like this...

I think with all the changes overtime it has easily been hours to get it like this.

One thing is tha it barely fits really.. The main problem was the wah peddle, the screws/rubber 'feet' were needed to hold it together, but it made it impossible to pleace it on the board, so I had to 'tape' it shut, yeah, I think I should call it that.

..and all I'm thinking is how I would fit a dirt pedal on it if I ever wanted to, and I am wanting to..:stunned:

Yeah, but you play bassguitar, which isn't realy important at all in a band..

..or is it?

Looks awesome by the way, what is that little silver-ish pedal in the middle for?

Edited by Xut

Yeah, but you play bassguitar, which isn't realy important at all in a band..

..or is it?

to be fair in a lot of bands it's not that important, but I don't listen to that shite

Looks awesome by the way, what is that little silver-ish pedal in the middle for?

it's a Silent Fly Effects blend box thingy. I think it's called "loop logic" or something. It's like an LS-2 but you can switch each loop in and out independently, so it has loop A and B, when I have just A on it blends with clean, just B it blends with clean, A+B it blends both together with no clean. It's like the LS2 I always wanted.

I would imagine it's possible, not sure if they'd be any wax potting required or anything like that. I guess you unsolder where the cover is grounded and then prize it off.

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth... I guess I'll leave everything chrome. It does look slightly cleaner (probably the wrong word) and chrome doesn't seem to age the same way gold does.

I wish I knew what pickups this had... they really sound great. I wonder if Mansons keep a record of all the guitars they build (including the ones built for sale).

thanks Jaicen, I will do when I find a more interesting building - the one I was on about before was just too loud so I let it go. My mate is doing rehearsals and demos in there, it's actually really cool.

James - can you not just take readings off the pups? I'm not sure how many variables are in there but surely it's possible to replicate specific pickups?