james90

The cab I own is a 4 ohm cabinet. I got that originally because it was the highest power rated small cab that I could afford. Means pairing it is a pain in the neck.

I originally wanted a 2x10 and either a 1x15 or 2x12. Only other way around it is to buy an amp that can handle 2 ohms but I like both my amp and cab.

Chedda, nice link. Funny to read about how "bad" 4x10's are for dispersion even though I've personally never thought so. I'll stick with my 2x10 for now, it's loud enough for most gigs around here. :D

As for the upright through my cab, to be honest, I prefer it to go through PA anyway at gigs so I normally ask them to do that. I admit it doesn't sound the best through my amp but I haven't tried it with my switchable 16 band EQ + Tube Preamp setup. Only problem with bringing the upright to gigs is that everyone asks me over and over what it is and for one or two songs it comes out for it sometimes doesn't seem worth the questioning :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...
If only I could use the Hayden :LOL:

Out of interest, how would you go about blending amp signals? Or is it better to split the signal separately to the two amps?

That Hayden does look Beast :awesome:

something like this? Its got the option to switch between two amps and to blend the two together.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/tonebone_aby.htm?gclid=CLbFxKiM0LUCFabLtAodingASA

198569.jpg