james90

There are a few things about that really. As long as the nut is cut properly, tuning isn't really an issue (although you can't really abuse them like you can with a floyd rose and expect them to still be perfectly in tune). definitely a bit more stable than a 6 point strat bridge anyway.

I think there are some that are better than others as well. The one on this gretsch I used to have didn't have much range, and wasn't as stable as some of the others I've used. gotoh makes some really nice ones - the best one I've used is on that burnt/sandblasted Stark tele style.

also, for what it's worth, if you tune your 6th string down, all the other strings don't go way out of tune like with most floating bridges. just slightly, but it only takes 15 seconds to get back in tune rather than 5 minutes!

Suck at taking pictures, but here I go. This is my practise amp for the moment.

img2518hp.jpg

And this is my Schecter Solo 6 Custom. It's the cheaper model with Duncan Designed pups, planning on getting another one with SD's though. (That one, though I'll probably refinish it) Also had a Hellraiser that died in an accident earlier this year, looking forward to replace it with a sevenstring version of it.

img2520bw.jpg

Also have an Ibanez acoustic, but can't be bothered to take a picture now. :D

Are you throwing your pedals against the wall? How do they end up so damaged?

TU2 = Never damaged

Vox footswitch = never damaged

Muff = scuffed by Rusty Phil but never damaged

Whammy = admittedly had a guitar thrown at it, plus I got it second hand and apparently it had been dodgily modded

UO = got it off James for cheap cos it was dodgy!

Pedalols?

Whammy is not working after 11 months of shit all. UO was looked at as well and apparently is completely fine, but when I plugged it in I got this

Presume it's some electrical problem?

i was thinking it was originally something like a shielding issue (it was only a bit of white noise before), but it sounds like the guy still did something to it. it's acting like a fuzz factory now.

MFC had good experience with this man?

i was thinking it was originally something like a shielding issue (it was only a bit of white noise before), but it sounds like the guy still did something to it. it's acting like a fuzz factory now.

MFC had good experience with this man?

I'm no good with electronics, dunno whether Neil or Pear or someone has any idea. It was acting like that when I got it, but then I do also generally get a lot of hum in the first place and those shocks from my guitar so somewhere there's got to be a wiring problem in my gear, probably in the Reject

And apart from taking ages he did manage to fix the Whammy for a reasonable price. I'm just clueless about the UO

So you buy dodgy gear for cheap then get angry when it doesn't work?

/logic:awesome:

Err no fuck off? I get angry when cunts like you start chatting shit like that. Where have I got angry about the whammy or UO not working? I knew well about the condition of the UO when I bought it from James as he made it clear when he put up the ad that there was an issue with it. And when I bought the whammy there was nothing actually wrong with it apart from being beaten up, it was the Sunburn incident that fucked it up. I only got annoyed when the guy was taking ages just to reply to an email so why don't you just piss off and stick a beemer up your arse?

/:awesome:

So you buy dodgy gear for cheap then get angry when it doesn't work?

/logic:awesome:

Ever thought someone buys 'cheap' gear because they have no choice, rather than they choose not to spend their millions on it? Ever thought people cant actually afford fucking BMWs and £3000 guitars at 17? It's exactly the naive idiots like you who are what's wrong with the world. Nob.

You absolutely have a choice. Don't buy broken gear. It's dumbass's like you that HAVE to have something that you really don't and you can't afford and buy it anyway. It's called personal responsibility.

If your jealous of someone's money, grow the fuck up first, then get a job. If you have a job then be smart, budget your money until you can afford the gear you "need".

You'll never get anywhere thinking people owe you something or being jealous of others money because there will always be someone with more money than you.

Should be obvious you don't need everything. If you really want to go the cheap route at least know you might be getting what you paid for (Dom said he wasn't angry so nothing against him).

At the same time though I also wouldn't expect someone to get a $3000 guitar or something. But I'm also not really sure what's being quantified as expensive or cheap here.