Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

Isn't it easier to just keep it simple? Personally I think having two choices is fine, but if people want more options like those suggested above..

Well I like the two choices idea because its harder to evaluate and compare when playing different songs however I completely understand keeping it simple I was just throwing out an idea.

Guest Batman.
Just do Muse imo because it's safe that everyone on muse.mu will know Muse, very very very well.

This. Makes sense to do Muse songs for a Muse forum competition.

This. Makes sense to do Muse songs for a Muse forum competition.

Besides, TCV isn't even that hard IMO. Only the soloing. The basis is usually quite easy. The live Warsaw solo, and some of Scumbag Blues is really difficult, but songs like Bandoliers and New Fang are pretty easy.

Can I talk about all the TCV songs? There should be more TCV talk on here :awesome:

Guest Batman.

To be completely honest, I haven't listened to TCV that much so I wouldn't know :LOL:

I keep meaning to listen to all these bands that everyone on here seems to bum over..

Its all muse songs. Everyone here knows them and likes them (thats why your on muse forum)

The whole one take thing could cause problem. You'll have to edit in the backing track so would that count as editing?

I still think we should have 2 weeks for the finals. I have Christmas tests so I wouldn't be able to practice that week.

I agree with iAL, 4 rounds, 2 songs and thats it.

If someone wants to do piano on a song but it doesn't have piano the either a song can be chosen for them with Piano in it or they can take point and skip the round (P.S 1 point is the lowest score) and thats the same for everyone else if they don't release an entry one week or if someone wants to skip a round.

Guest Batman.

Yeah the one take thing doesn't sound great, my pedal drops out for a second whenever I change patches and it's quite annoying. Would be a good idea to demonstrate we can play the songs perfectly all the way through though, if it's a video rather than audio.

Can we do more than one instrument in each song?

Yeah the one take thing doesn't sound great, my pedal drops out for a second whenever I change patches and it's quite annoying. Would be a good idea to demonstrate we can play the songs perfectly all the way through though, if it's a video rather than audio.

Can we do more than one instrument in each song?

:erm: You could but you'd have to pick one of the instruments for people to judge

Guest Batman.
:erm: You could but you'd have to pick one of the instruments for people to judge

Fair enough, I'll stick to guitar then seeing as I don't have any decent recording equipment for piano.

Wait what?

This is all getting very confusing now. Too many rules and restrictions etc. I though it was cool to begin with because it was just a case of producing some kind of a cover, I didnt realise it was gonna be based on points and single takes.

I mean I dont know about anybody else, but I like to double track some of my recordings because otherwise the rock band mic just sounds thin and shit, but all these rules are throwing somewhat of a spanner in the works...

Dunno, might just sit it out or something, but couldnt it just be... make a cover, best one wins.

Wait what?

This is all getting very confusing now. Too many rules and restrictions etc. I though it was cool to begin with because it was just a case of producing some kind of a cover, I didnt realise it was gonna be based on points and single takes.

I mean I dont know about anybody else, but I like to double track some of my recordings because otherwise the rock band mic just sounds thin and shit, but all these rules are throwing somewhat of a spanner in the works...

Dunno, might just sit it out or something, but couldnt it just be... make a cover, best one wins.

I'm not a fan of the whole one take thing either. There has to be a bit of management of this or else it gets more confusing. And its early days so we're still figuring things out.

I'd like it to be simple.

I think we've concluded that it's gonna be four rounds, with a choice of two songs in each round. Each round will last a week, with the final one lasting two weeks.

Regarding amount of takes...I think it's best if we try to keep it as much of a 'live' performance as we can, not loads of takes over the top, but I can understand double tracking and using multiple instruments in your cover. It's all down to you and how creative you wanna be, although if you do make mistakes in your cover and cover it badly by recording another take over the top of it don't expect to get my vote.

As for which songs to do, I suggest everyone list 10 songs by Muse that they'd wanna cover (any difficulty). After that me and Longan will count which songs are the 8 most popular and organise them roughly into how difficult they are. Sound alriiiiiiite?

EDIT: forgot to list my ten

SMBH

Citizen Erased

Hyper Music

Unnatural Selection

Fury

Hysteria

Showbiz

MK Ultra

Stockholm Syndrome

B&H

medium

Thank you.

Oh Dommeh:

1) Nights of Cydonia

2) Supermassive Black Hole

3) Stockholm Syndrome

4) New Born

5) Hysteria

6) Time is Running Out

7) Butterflies & Hurricanes

8) Plug in Baby

9) Bliss

10) The Small Print

Only ones I ever really play, can never find decent backing tracks for many others.

Guest Batman.

Supermassive Black Hole

Plug In Baby

Hyper Music

New Born

MK Ultra

Fury

Assassin

Butterflies & Hurricanes (For the piano people)

Falling Down

Screenager

I'm really not going to do well in this if I end up competing, my guitars fucked at the minute and I'm going to be busy around Christmas :LOL:

EDIT: If management are getting involved, do you think it would be possible to ask the band for backing tracks? Can't be too hard I imagine.

Thank you.

Your Welcome, may I ask why you asked?

I'd like it to be simple.

I think we've concluded that it's gonna be four rounds, with a choice of two songs in each round. Each round will last a week, with the final one lasting two weeks.

Regarding amount of takes...I think it's best if we try to keep it as much of a 'live' performance as we can, not loads of takes over the top, but I can understand double tracking and using multiple instruments in your cover. It's all down to you and how creative you wanna be, although if you do make mistakes in your cover and cover it badly by recording another take over the top of it don't expect to get my vote.

As for which songs to do, I suggest everyone list 10 songs by Muse that they'd wanna cover (any difficulty). After that me and Longan will count which songs are the 8 most popular and organise them roughly into how difficult they are. Sound alriiiiiiite?

This sounds good to me ;)

Archived