Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

Here is the list of rules that must be followed to enter:

Anyone can enter

Any instrument (guitar, bass, piano, vocals etc.)

Audio and video are both accepted as entries although covers must be recorded well so that you can clearly hear what the person is playing. Although audio is fine, you may gain more votes by posting a video (entertainment factor)

Only enter if you are okay for people to discuss your cover/playing/technique with any positive or negative feedback. Any abuse to members about their covers though is NOT acceptable

The competition shall be held throughout December consisting of four rounds. Each round shall consist of a choice of 2 songs. You will have a week to post a cover of ONE of these songs apart from the final round where you shall have two weeks. As the rounds progress the songs shall get harder (although this doesn't stop you from making your own, more difficult interpretation of a song in earlier rounds!)

For each round there will be a thread and you will be able to vote for your favourites in a poll at the top of the thread. The results shall be kept secret till the end of the competition where the winner will be announced around New Years.

In order to select songs, you should state the 3 songs you would most like to cover (although please keep an open mind for those who play instruments other than guitar). Once everyone has voted, the 8 most popular song choices will be organised into the separate rounds.

In the interest of fairness, multi-track is discouraged but not banned as we want the covers to keep as much of a 'live' feel as possible

Do not vote for your own entry. This would lead to every video OTHER than yours gaining a vote. Votes will be monitored

In order to determine the overall winner a points system will be put in place. This will work by assigning points from top to bottom (Similar to Formula 1). 1st is 10 points 2 second is 9 points and etc. The total amount of points for each round will then be added up at the end to give the overall results.

REMINDER: You do not assign points. All you need to do is vote for your favourites. Points will then be given depending on their place in the poll

Entries must be in before the voting thread is opened.

If you wish to skip a week you will not receive any points for that given week

Overall winner will received an under title declaring their win. (The title itself is yet to be decided)

No previously made videos.

Please don't take this too seriously, its all a bit of fun in the end.

First entries are to be in by the 4th of december.

Dates for videos

Round 1-Done

Round 2- Done

Round 3- 18th of december (Space Dementia and Hyper Music)

Round 4 (FINALS:dance:)- 1st of January (Stockholm Syndrome and Citizen Erased)

I'd be up for it...obviously

Trying to think of the most obvious guitar songs

Plug In Baby

Knights

SMBH

Hysteria

SS

Citizen Erased

Uprising?

New Born

etc.

You can also add The Groove, Hyper Music and Uno to that (a trio of pains in the arse to get right)

Bass-wise you could do

SS

New Born

Sunburn

Hysteria

Hyper Music

Easily

Resistance

Futurism

Helsinki Jam

Should we include vocal and drum sections?

Iuno. I'm just thinking, should it be video only, audio only, or both? I think if people could do video it'd be best (presuming this does actually happen)

Should every cover the same song? Would be interesting to hear different people's interpretations of the same song, and would all be a bit more organised

Any instrument

Voted for by poll, anyone can vote

Iuno. I'm just thinking, should it be video only, audio only, or both? I think if people could do video it'd be best (presuming this does actually happen)

Should every cover the same song? Would be interesting to hear different people's interpretations of the same song, and would all be a bit more organised

Any instrument

Voted for by poll, anyone can vote

If its just audio, there would be extra points (or whatever system we use) for recording quality and interesting techniques and its its video then extra points for 'showman ship'.

I don't think we should all cover the same song. We could narrow it down to say 4 songs and then everyone gets assigned their song at random.

Definitely a poll vote though, just to be fair

If its just audio, there would be extra points (or whatever system we use) for recording quality and interesting techniques and its its video then extra points for 'showman ship'

Iuno about extra points for recording quality, some people may only have microphones from webcams compared to people with proper microphones. Maybe audio is just standard, byt bonus points for any video/lols

Iuno about extra points for recording quality, some people may only have microphones from webcams compared to people with proper microphones. Maybe audio is just standard, byt bonus points for any video/lols

Good point. So audio as standard, and bonus points for video.

Points are all like...imaginary aren't they? Like, you'll give someone your own score in your head and vote for whoever is best/highest, and not some insane scoring system we're gonna have :LOL: KnT is quiet tonight, I'm paranoid

Exactly, you'd just give them a score in your head (say, out of 20) and whoever got the highest score gets your vote.

And the winner gets a fiver and a mars bar :LOL:

If its just audio, there would be extra points (or whatever system we use) for recording quality and interesting techniques and its its video then extra points for 'showman ship'.

So extra points for having expensive gear and extra points for spinning whilst playing PiB behind your head?

I do neither of these :eek:

Also, would it be just riffs or the whole songs?

Might be a better idea to have, for example, a number of rounds where each person plays the same song and the songs get progressively harder. ie, Round 1 - SMBH, Round 2 - Hysteria etc.

Just saves all the complications that arise when somebody chooses a more difficult song than somebody else, if ya get meh.

Im in though, but +1 on no gay bonus points for best recording quality. I'm pretty much limited to a rock band mic and a webcam, which can only capture so much of my awesome.

Might be a better idea to have, for example, a number of rounds where each person plays the same song and the songs get progressively harder. ie, Round 1 - SMBH, Round 2 - Hysteria etc.

Just saves all the complications that arise when somebody chooses a more difficult song than somebody else, if ya get meh.

Im in though, but +1 on no gay bonus points for best recording quality. I'm pretty much limited to a rock band mic and a webcam, which can only capture so much of my awesome.

Quoting for twuth.

I do really like the sound of this. Not sure if I'd be able to get my shit together to take part before January though.

I quite like the idea of the random draw too. Just as it would be funny to get drawn with a song you've never tried to learn before, haha. Although having them get progressively harder through the rounds too is probably cool so you can hear different interpretations on the same song each round and keep it fair or whatever. I'm assuming it would be more of a 'league' type thing, rather than elimination or whatever to keep it active? Sounds cool anyway.

So extra points for having expensive gear and extra points for spinning whilst playing PiB behind your head?

I do neither of these :eek:

Also, would it be just riffs or the whole songs?

Yeah, I was thinking we might just make it audio only.

And its the whole song.

I really like the idea of a round 1 and round 2 system. Just so theres a bit of varity we could have 2 songs to choose from. Say from round it it could be a choice between Showbiz and dead star then round two could be New Born and SMBH.

Or someone could PM me either no.1 or no.2 and then which ever one that was is what cover they'd get.

That would stop everyone doing that same song, you'd have about half doing 1 and the other half doing the other.

Archived