Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

I think Butterflies and Hurricanes is fairer... you can have both throughout the whole song.

Same as above. We'll wait and see how the voting goes.

BTW I'm going to start counting around Friday so get your votes in soon

Still confused about the whole multitracking situation?

I would normally split any cover i did into Bass, rhythm and lead with three audio tracks and three video tracks obviously... but each track is "one take" in the sense that i hit record, play the song, listen/watch back and use it if im happy...?

Hyper Music - hardest

:wtf:

I had a think about what my 3 songs would have been last night, but I won't be participating so there's no point actually posting them. If you do another one in 2012 I'll probably be up for it though.

Still confused about the whole multitracking situation?

I would normally split any cover i did into Bass, rhythm and lead with three audio tracks and three video tracks obviously... but each track is "one take" in the sense that i hit record, play the song, listen/watch back and use it if im happy...?

Yeah but its been said its allowed, allowed but not really desired, allowed so long as it doesnt "cover up" anything...?

Its all a bit of a mess :p

Multitracking is allowed, and yes, it is discouraged in case of people using it as a means to cover up mistakes but as previously said it allowed if you want to play multiple instruments/parts or cannot easily change from a clean tone to a distorted tone via footswitch etc

Liam's right, this is a total mess :facepalm:

Anyway. We have four rounds right?

Dead Star - Easy

Stockholm Syndrome - Medium

CE - Medium/Hard

Butterflies and Hurricanes (HAARP) - Hard

I think the Haarp version B&H has to be a definite, really tough parts for both guitar and piano.

Liam's right, this is a total mess :facepalm:

Anyway. We have four rounds right?

Dead Star - Easy

Stockholm Syndrome - Medium

CE - Medium/Hard

Butterflies and Hurricanes (HAARP) - Hard

I think the Haarp version B&H has to be a definite, really tough parts for both guitar and piano.

Vote for 3 songs. We'll count them up and announce what the rounds will be within the next few days

Multitracking is allowed for multiple instruments/parts and if you cannot easily change effects

Rounds will consist of 2 song choices and will go up in difficulty as the weeks go on. We will make sure that there will be a more guitar orientated and piano orientated song in each round

What is so fucking difficult to comprehend? (Not a personal dig at you Will)

Vote for 3 songs. We'll count them up and announce what the rounds will be within the next few days

Multitracking is allowed for multiple instruments/parts and if you cannot easily change effects

Rounds will consist of 2 song choices and will go up in difficulty as the weeks go on. We will make sure that there will be a more guitar orientated and piano orientated song in each round

What is so fucking difficult to comprehend? (Not a personal dig at you Will)

Ok in that case Dead Star, CE and B&H.

:LOL: I'm fine with the rules, I get all of that, it's just all the bickering and everyone trying to make up their own little rules.

Have I missed something out about this HAARP B&H? I presume people can cover it however they want, Abso version, single version, live version whatever...it's their choice, they should just do it the best they can in order to get the most votes they can

As for the backing track discussions I've heard, I can understand why some people would like to use a backing track, but I'm sure playing over the actual studio version will be fine long as your instrument is audible

Archived