Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

Guest Batman.

That'd make it slightly harder to distinguish what the person is playing from the song though.

Maybe we should just choose songs that already have backing tracks available, SS, Hysteria, SMBH, Exo-Politics, etc

EDIT: actually, that'd make it unfair for pianists and bassists and drummers and everyone except guitarists :LOL:

Back to square one.

The only thing i could suggest for piano etc is to download a midi and put samples in (or have someone who can/knows how to do it for them?)

Granted it wont sound awesome but you shouldnt be marked on backing tracks unless youve made it from scratch? (or say you have only the dru track for starlight.. and you do guitar piano and bass)

If someone's able to quickly make 'okayish' backingtracks with guitar pro files that might be an option too. Doesn't need to sound brilliant, just add a VST to make it sound less crappy.

Yes, also some songs have been on guitar hero so I think you can get the guitar-less track from that

Guest Batman.
Yes, also some songs have been on guitar hero so I think you can get the guitar-less track from that

Yeah that's where the ones on youtube came from I think.

Muselive has tons of backing tracks (guitar and bass) + Multitracks and I think someone already posted guitarbackingtracks.com so ..

In an insane pitch you could get a Guitarpro version and just remove the instrument you are recording although .. it still sounds a little weird.

Bs shouldn't have trashed his guitar then, tough tits :p

Fuck you all! :rolleyes:

If it's going to be December then I won't be participating anyway. I'll have at least 2 x 2000 word assignments to do at some point, plus I'll be working a lot as it'll be really busy over Christmas, plus the library where I use the internet is probably closed for a week or so over Christmas and New Year so I don't even know how much I'll be online in that month anyway. If anyone wants to do it in January or February or whatever then I'd be up for it, but I'd understand if you just want to get going. I wouldn't be able to take part before then though.

I had a couple of ideas/suggestions. First, we should make sure the covers are one take, not edited. For a normal cover I'd use Cubase to make it the best it could be, ie. redo some bits that weren't good and put them in a new track. But for this we should just keep one take and not edit imo, then it's even.

Also, why are we doing all Muse songs? I know this is the Muse forum, but there's no reason why we can't pick out some other tracks to do. Like for the last round one of the 3 could be a Dream Theatre or TCV track.

I had a couple of ideas/suggestions. First, we should make sure the covers are one take, not edited. For a normal cover I'd use Cubase to make it the best it could be, ie. redo some bits that weren't good and put them in a new track. But for this we should just keep one take and not edit imo, then it's even.

Also, why are we doing all Muse songs? I know this is the Muse forum, but there's no reason why we can't pick out some other tracks to do. Like for the last round one of the 3 could be a Dream Theatre or TCV track.

You'd never be able to tell if someone had edited it well though. And I assume that the idea of keeping it to Muse was that not everyone has the same music tastes but they're probably a safe bet at least. Whatever people want though. :p

Id say the one take is fair... although to reduce some confusion, itd be fair enough to re record your video/audio entirely until your happy t doesnt have to be first time? :)

And yeah, why not some radiohead/pinkfloyd/whatever?

We should totally do a christmas song... Oceansize's cover of walking in the air or In Dulci Jubilo come to mind ;):p

You'd never be able to tell if someone had edited it well though. And I assume that the idea of keeping it to Muse was that not everyone has the same music tastes but they're probably a safe bet at least. Whatever people want though. :p

True I guess.

To be honest, I wonder if anyone here even knows how to play all of Muse's songs anyway. I know I sure don't. I probably know about 30 or something.

Well it's a good thing we're not covering all of Muse's songs. There will only be around 4 songs to cover, you'll have a choice of two and time to learn them

Lolno, just Muse.

+1 Keep it simple

Meh, ok :rolleyes:

Well it's a good thing we're not covering all of Muse's songs. There will only be around 4 songs to cover, you'll have a choice of two and time to learn them

I thought it was a choice of 3 :p:LOL:

Archived