Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

:facepalm: I'm not sure I can be bothered now :LOL: The last few pages are a bloodbath of confusion. Also, seeing as most people are voting guitar-heavy songs for the most part, peeps wanting to do, say piano, are gonna be at a major disadvantage if those are the songs that go through, or vice versa.

I don't really get what's so confusing. Everything has been summed up in the first post. The most confusing thing that's happened over the last few pages is that I changed it from everyone choosing ten songs to the 3 they most want to do. Not particularly difficult

If the vote does end up with only heavily guitar based songs we'll make sure to include a 'bonus' choice for piano players

Guest Batman.

Longans put all the rules and everything in the first post now.

There'll be a choice of two songs, so whoever puts this together should keep piano players in mind when choosing the songs. One of the songs should have piano in.

EDIT: Beat to it.

Butterflies and Hurricanes (piano / drums)

Stockholm Syndrome (drums)

Hysteria (bass / drums)

Not really a guitar person. :erm:

Butterflies and hurricanes would be a good one because it encompasses guitar, bass, piano and drums... sing for absolution could do the same, as well as sunburn and maybe cave at a stretch, citizen erased could be split into a guitar, bass and drums section and a piano section... all in all I think we need to include piano, drums, guitar and bass as these are the most commonly played instruments for k&ters.

I also think that the songs should be decided as we go along so that everyone has say a week to learn each one. This would also make it easier to decide the songs, since people will be eliminated (:fear:) as the contest goes along and could mean that we have an all bassists (for example) final and could therefore choose a bass driven song.

Edit: It says in the original post that no multi-tracking is allowed... Would it be all right to cut halfway through a song to change effect for those without access to equipment that would be able to adjust during the song?

:facepalm: I'm not sure I can be bothered now :LOL: The last few pages are a bloodbath of confusion. Also, seeing as most people are voting guitar-heavy songs for the most part, peeps wanting to do, say piano, are gonna be at a major disadvantage if those are the songs that go through, or vice versa.

Since thats how its looking we can do a separate list for piano. Guitar, bass and drums are in every song but piano isn't so we'll see what we can do ;)

I also think that the songs should be decided as we go along so that everyone has say a week to learn each one. This would also make it easier to decide the songs, since people will be eliminated (:fear:) as the contest goes along and could mean that we have an all bassists (for example) final and could therefore choose a bass driven song.

No elimination, that makes it too competitive and could make people turn against each other. The points system works fine and everybody is happy.

Edit: It says in the original post that no multi-tracking is allowed... Would it be all right to cut halfway through a song to change effect for those without access to equipment that would be able to adjust during the song?

Its does say multi-tracking is banned, just discouraged. If you need to change instruments of effects and such during a song it ok to do editing on it. We just don't want people to use it to cover up mistakes therefore giving them an advantage.

Ok I'm in I reckon. My three are six :rolleyes:

Dead Star (good for guitar)

Showbiz (likewise, could maybe be piano too? Guitar for me though)

SS (Gotta be in there for guitarists, loads of chances for improv etc.)

Butterflies and Hurricanes (perfect for both piano and guitar) - with this one if it goes through can we do the HAARP version? There's both a guitar solo and the original piano, so it's a great chance to displays skills etc.

CE

Micro Cuts?

So y'all should count this as two people's votes as I can't decide :LOL:

I went easy on you, imagine a guitar player playing Space Dementia :awesome:

I genuinely really want to try this when I get my custom! :LOL:

:facepalm: I'm not sure I can be bothered now :LOL:

I feel like that to be honest. I quite liked the idea that songs would be chosen more at random than what people had voted for. But whatever, I won't have all the stuff I'd want to have to compete in time anyway so I'll just be watching on. :rolleyes:

None of us apart from Bs has heard him play... I'm starting to wonder why.

Nah I can name plenty of people who've heard me play

-Pear

-Neil

-Phill

-Simno

-Olly

-Jim

There are a few others as well.

:eek: Don't talk about him, he might heard us and join

He already has an account :ninja:

Archived