Kitten tab factor 2011!!

Dave.

:facepalm::LOL: Yeah, I'd do it. Dom, were you saying 4 songs a week, or 1 song a week for a month? Because I'm not covering 4 songs a week, sorry :LOL:

weekly. I would not have the patience to do four a week

Not even on their phones? That's what I'll use, or borrow my Mums camera.

:supersad:

So anyway, this is what I'm suggesting...

Anyone can take part

Any instruments are allowed, as long as it's not something ridiculous like a cabasa or triangle (however, if you do a guitar cover with added cabasa solo bonus kitten points are available)

Starting from the first week of December, everyone covers a song weekly for four weeks leading up to new year. Each round gets a new thread with a poll at the top enabling you to vote for whoever you think is best/most entertaining. Results are kept secret till New Years-ish until they are announced (could make an undertitle for the winner?)

Each round comprises of a choice of two songs as previously suggested. Everyone must cover one of these songs. They get progressively harder throughout each week

Audio and video recordings both acceptable, and should be to a good enough standard where you can actually hear clearly what you are playing. You don't have to do video, although it may be helpful if you wanna do anything entertaining in it to gain votes

Can't think if I've left anything out

Guest Batman.

Yeah that sounds good, I think it's important that we don't judge people based on their gear though, because obviously people with Mansons and expensive recording equipment will win that. Judging people based on how effectively they use the equipment they have might be a good idea.

I'd be up for this, definitely. Not going to do very well though, I'm really not entertaining :LOL:

It might be a good idea to wait until late december/january though, so that people like Bs aren't stuck with guitars they've practically destroyed in their wait for MB-1's :LOL:

Can we say no existing covers? Meaning you have to re-record if you have done one before hand.... otherwise Simno would win without even entering :(

Even I'd say this and ive plenty stuff to re-use

also ho hard are we talking by the end? :LOL: like... surely there has to be a limit like we cant say "The Final - Exogenesis ALL PARTS D:" :LOL:

Yeah that sounds good, I think it's important that we don't judge people based on their gear though, because obviously people with Mansons and expensive recording equipment will win that. Judging people based on how effectively they use the equipment they have might be a good idea.

I'd be up for this, definitely. Not going to do very well though, I'm really not entertaining :LOL:

It might be a good idea to wait until late december/january though, so that people like Bs aren't stuck with guitars they've practically destroyed in their wait for MB-1's :LOL:

Oh yeah, I'd hate for it to be judged just on how many effects/fancy shit we can use in it, I only have a whammy, but it can still be judged on how good your technique is or how creative you are with what you've got

Oh yeah, forgot about Bs' situation. I just thought it would be more convenient in December to coincide with the board awards, since KnT is usually neglected in them, and we could get an undertitle of our own for this, like an annual thing

Can we say no existing covers? Meaning you have to re-record if you have done one before hand.... otherwise Simno would win without even entering :(

Yup

Even I'd say this and ive plenty stuff to re-use

also ho hard are we talking by the end? :LOL: like... surely there has to be a limit like we cant say "The Final - Exogenesis ALL PARTS D:" :LOL:

Dunno actually, guess we'll have to suggest a list of the 8 most popular or 8 coolest songs or whatever we wanna cover, then arrange them in difficulty

Guest Batman.

Oh yeah I forgot about the board awards.. I don't know then. I'd wait for Bs to sort his guitar situation out but it's up to everyone else really.

As the finals I propose that we do either SS, CE and The Groove. Plus you don't have to be exact to the studio version, can can mess around if you want. Or you can go as close to the original as you want.

And I agree that you can't use old videos.

I would be able to do a song a week, but I'll have exams the last week.

I think for the last one we should be given two weeks since they are the hardest songs and that gives more time for practice and for christmas.

When each result is announced points will be given depending on where you finish e.g 10 points for 1st, 8 points for 2nd etc. and the person with the most points wins. This means someone who is very constant could still win.

The prize will be an under-title that only that person can have plus the year so that they don't have to change it after the second year.

Since me and Dominic have started the idea I think we should watch over the contest. Every second week me and him announce the winners and points. And don't worry, we'll make it a public poll so we can't be accused of corruption ;)

Archived