i was thinking about it yeah. i guess i shall see what it looks like when i get to that bit. still havent got the fretboard or frets yet so im kind of dawdling till i do

ok, i see.

I think satin would be the best alround, possible last the longest without showing up the slight marks/ buckle rash etc.

Also high gloss polyester would look amazing, the grain would be glowing! You do often get nice contrasts through polyester. Could also look good on the head stock, neck, back and side of body.... satin on top. Just a thought.

*edit*: probably satin!!

Edited by brian27

• 3 weeks later...

managed to get some more done. my computer broke so i havent been able to post anything. luckily i had all my images and files on a dongle thing cos iv lost everything that was on the computer. damn it.

anyway, got the fretboard on, fretted (no work done on the frets yet), and neck rough carved. i asked for a slightly stripey bit of ebony, and thats what i got. s'nice

17.jpg

th_18.jpgth_19.jpgth_20.jpg

oh, necks bound with ebony too so no ugly fretends

that headstock is also awesome. let's not neglect it's loveliness!!!

seriously though, that's really coming along nicely. That's shit about your pc, but these things happen. a friend of mine doing his repeats lost everything too, but fortunately, like you, he had the important stuff on an external hard drive.

cant wait to see the finish on it

Guest bshuker

VERY nice, what wood is that on the body? looks like swamp ash or spalted maple or something i can't really tell

Guest bshuker

Oooh never heard of that wood, (didn't spot the fact it was a neck through either ha).

Looks gorgeous though!

got the burst done yesterday. was going to do the clear today only my spray gun is leaking out of every orifice so im going to have to get a new one.

i went a bit black happy on the neck, but ah well. also, theres not the huge difference in brightness of the neck and back as there looks to be in the pic either

21.jpg

22.jpg

got the burst done yesterday. was going to do the clear today only my spray gun is leaking out of every orifice so im going to have to get a new one.

i went a bit black happy on the neck, but ah well. also, theres not the huge difference in brightness of the neck and back as there looks to be in the pic either

21.jpg

22.jpg

Very nice! Great work! :D

Guest bshuker

21.jpg

22.jpg

Looking very nice indeed

• 1 month later...

finally got this one wired up today - taking a break from the 'glittery beast' as someone put it hehe.

havent got any strings yet, should get some tomorrow i think, but the wiring all seems to work. im excited to hear it. its a bit of a mess in the control cavity, but this ones gonna have to be for me anyway so it doesnt matter.

its gonna have to be for me cos the neck angles not enough. i did it 2.5 degrees, and its just not enough for the bridge im using. it looks like it should be 3 or maybe even 4. but ah well. its another example of a shape i havent done yet so it serves a purpose at least. i guess in the future i could inset the bridge or take the fretboard off and put a thicker one on, but then it would still have to be for me. o well.

yeah its a bugger. iv managed to get the action down to pretty much how i like it by filing the bridge saddles a bit. its still what a lot of people would consider medium-high i guess, but i like it. and it sounds great. really really nice.

in my annoyance and unconcentratey state i managed to cut a couple of the nut slots too low so that was a pain. new one coming tomorrow tho with some mini knobs, as normal ones look massive on it

its done and up on my site

linky

the pickup selections are:

parallel

5-way

neck

neck+middle

middle

middle+bridge

bridge

5-way + push/pulls adds

neck+bridge

neck+middle+bridge

neck+middle phased

neck+bridge phased

neck+middle+bridge phased

series

blend pot

blends between neck+middle - middle+bridge and includes all three on together

push/pull on vol (introduces bridge in parallel mode) takes out middle pickup in series giving neck+bridge in midway position of pot.

push/pull on tone phases bridge pickup as per parallel

Edited by hooglebug

Looks very good, I love your paint job.

I think you need to improve your site to do your guitars justice as it doesn't really work in firefox and most of your links to pages don't work. I'd happily do a re-design for you if you wanted.

Edited by Tom!