a bit of progress. not much as i have other things to be doing. plus i dont want to go too fast as i dont have all the bits yet

th_05072008085.jpgth_09072008093.jpgth_09072008094.jpg

can anyone spot the repair on the body? the router took a chunk out and i had to glue a new bit on

your guitars remind me of the ones my luthier makes

i went to see him the other day, he is doing some work on my manson

and installing some pickups into one of my other guitars..

heres some of his guitars.

41rskqqc8rydo6ziptf.jpg

abzul0itg4jcf09hfgp.jpg

9v2r0h6mjis8evjobs.jpg

Edited by iwantamanson

i definitely can't spot it... wanna point it out?? :D

It looks great hooglebug. That wood is seriously so cool. I'd love to make a guitar out of it. It's so cool the way it looks aged before you even start working on it.

There's a strange resemblance between your guitars and ritter basses. Do you know them??

a strange resemblance? are you implying something? hehe

just looked on their site and apart from a couple of them being offset lower bouts i really dont see it to be fair

the repair is on the right hand side of the treble horn by the way

this is the repair. you can see it from the side, and in this pic on the top, but in real life, unless you're really really looking for it you cant see it on the top. not that it matters, as it will be covered anyway

th_11072008096.jpg

and heres a little pic with the pups and bridge

11072008095.jpg

havent done anything for a few days as iv been doing other things, and cant really do much more with it until my carbon rod arrives. which i ordered last friday, the same day i placed a stewmac order, which was shipped on monday and arrived on wednesday, from america. and still no sign, a week later, of the carbon rod from england. o dear o dear

yeah they're kind of half way between single coil and p90, verging more towards p90. they're air coils with a bar magnet placed inside the coil after its been formed, rather than the wire being wrapped around pole magnets like most other pickups. thats why they sound so different.

they're kind of fat and smooth and creamy hehe

lol again you ask! cant wait to see huh? a very light black tint and then black burst

so basically, it'll be like a black tint in the middle fading to full black around the edges? Am i correct in guessing that in the middle, you'll still be able to see the grain?

not much done. cut the neck and headstock profile out, truss rod channel, glued in carbon rods (which FINALLY came) and cut out the control cavity and cover. did a bit of carving today the good old fashioned way with a rasp, a file and a spoke shave. takes a year longer than with an angle grinder, but a lot more satisfying

treble side is pretty much done but lots more of the bass side to do

th_13072008097.jpgth_16072008098.jpgth_16072008099.jpgth_16072008100.jpg

not much done. cut the neck and headstock profile out, truss rod channel, glued in carbon rods (which FINALLY came) and cut out the control cavity and cover. did a bit of carving today the good old fashioned way with a rasp, a file and a spoke shave. takes a year longer than with an angle grinder, but a lot more satisfying

th_13072008097.jpgth_16072008098.jpgth_16072008099.jpgth_16072008100.jpg

Good stuff, it's all about the rasp and the file :D

Good stuff, it's all about the rasp and the file :D

speaking of which, i'm due to get the body of my first custom in august. IF i get it, and i decide to put in a contour at the heel, could i technically just sand it to fuck? (BY HAND!) i know it would take ages, but at least i can be slow and take my time about it.

speaking of which, i'm due to get the body of my first custom in august. IF i get it, and i decide to put in a contour at the heel, could i technically just sand it to fuck? (BY HAND!) i know it would take ages, but at least i can be slow and take my time about it.

You can sand to fuck, it does work! But the good old rasp is a great tool.

]

that is looking very sexy! The grain really is wonderful, it'll look simply stunning under the matt or satin finish.

Did you say you were going for satin? I think satin will look soooo good (the sort of 'good' were you can't find the right words to describe it!!!)